“Excellent French casual intimacy”
Review of Cocotte Cita - CLOSED

Cocotte Cita
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Spring Branch, Texas
“Excellent French casual intimacy”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were near Playa del Carmen for a week in August and stumbled upon this fantastic restaurant. Fine in all respects. No tourist area deserves such a restaurant. Eat here often; you will not be disappointed. I found the food, service, atmosphere, and last but not least, prices, to exceed the quality of France itself in every way. Thank you for such a perfect restaurant. Do not miss the chicken or desert!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lockard_10

Montreal, Canada
“Excellent french cuisine with local twist”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is not your typical tourist restaurant. Located a few meters aside the main touristic avenue, it offers elaborate French cuisine and excellent wine selection to locals and expats. I'll remember for a long time the eggs cocotte with Foie Gras - as good as my grandmother's! As if it was not enough, the service is excellent, attentive and very friendly.
Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Noctanet
Detroit, Michigan
“Be treated as a friend and a guest instead of a tourist.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have to preface that I spent 30 days in PDC this summer, and this is my favorite restaurant there. Expect delicious authentic french food in a relaxed and intimate atmosphere. While Ive rarely had good French food outside of France, this restaurant is the exception. Even things as simple as the bread and butter are done to perfection. The atmosphere is romantic and intimate. You are treated as a friend or guest instead of a tourist. The prices are fair. Dont forget to end your meal with an Isle Flottante!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CaitlinEK
“Taking a minute after each bite”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

When passion for food and wine meet quality places like Cocotte Cita are born, far from the motherland this french restaurant was one of the highlights of our dining experiences in Playa del Carmen.
I don't even know where to start praising this place.

The atmosphere is intimate, trees separate you from the street and the noise of 5th avenue is far enough to believe yourself wherever you'd like.
We had a french Sauvignon Blanc, not on the menu, just explained what we'd like and he got it exactly right.

Julienne the owner is really passionate about everything related to dining, he talks about the wine, food, everything available with pride and so he should as they make mostly everything from scratch, they grow their own spices and bake their own bread etc. He comes just enough to ask you about your dining experience, not too pushy and he is so french, in the best sense of the word.

I was a bit in trouble as most meals have cheese, so I had the Pork and pancetta salad, but what a salad, the perfect salad, a balanced combination of expected and unforeseen ingredients, pears, who would think about pears in a salad, yummy. Loved it. My friend had the fish main, prepared with some changes she asked for and was taking a minute after each bite. She also appreciated the goat cheese dip served as aperitif, I'm not a cheese eater so couldn't comment. Every piece of our meal was perfect, a continuous high, high, high, no brakes.

For dessert we tried the trio, when undecided go for the trio, it will prove you would have been okay with any choice, Ile flotant, creme brulle and my personal favorite chocolate moelleux, in this order, all perfect.

We had a small misunderstanding related to the bill, but it's also due to our tiredness at that point, besides that it was a perfect last dinner in Playa del Carmen.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MagyaryE
Salmon Arm, B.C.
“WOW!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Staying at Banyan Tree, Mayakoba and decided to go to Playa del Carmen for a little shopping and dinner. Charming owner of Coffee Stop (delicious coffee) suggested we go to 38th St. for dinner, good restaurants and quieter than 5th Ave. We ate dinner at Cocotte Cita, a French bistro. All I can say is the dinner I had (seafood terrine) was thee most delicious dinner I have had in a long time, and I have had some excellent food on this trip. My sister enjoyed her chicken dinner as much as I enjoyed mine. Amazing!

• Visited October 2013