“Taking a minute after each bite”
Review of Cocotte Cita - CLOSED

Cocotte Cita
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

When passion for food and wine meet quality places like Cocotte Cita are born, far from the motherland this french restaurant was one of the highlights of our dining experiences in Playa del Carmen.
I don't even know where to start praising this place.

The atmosphere is intimate, trees separate you from the street and the noise of 5th avenue is far enough to believe yourself wherever you'd like.
We had a french Sauvignon Blanc, not on the menu, just explained what we'd like and he got it exactly right.

Julienne the owner is really passionate about everything related to dining, he talks about the wine, food, everything available with pride and so he should as they make mostly everything from scratch, they grow their own spices and bake their own bread etc. He comes just enough to ask you about your dining experience, not too pushy and he is so french, in the best sense of the word.

I was a bit in trouble as most meals have cheese, so I had the Pork and pancetta salad, but what a salad, the perfect salad, a balanced combination of expected and unforeseen ingredients, pears, who would think about pears in a salad, yummy. Loved it. My friend had the fish main, prepared with some changes she asked for and was taking a minute after each bite. She also appreciated the goat cheese dip served as aperitif, I'm not a cheese eater so couldn't comment. Every piece of our meal was perfect, a continuous high, high, high, no brakes.

For dessert we tried the trio, when undecided go for the trio, it will prove you would have been okay with any choice, Ile flotant, creme brulle and my personal favorite chocolate moelleux, in this order, all perfect.

We had a small misunderstanding related to the bill, but it's also due to our tiredness at that point, besides that it was a perfect last dinner in Playa del Carmen.

1  Thank MagyaryE

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Staying at Banyan Tree, Mayakoba and decided to go to Playa del Carmen for a little shopping and dinner. Charming owner of Coffee Stop (delicious coffee) suggested we go to 38th St. for dinner, good restaurants and quieter than 5th Ave. We ate dinner at Cocotte Cita, a French bistro. All I can say is the dinner I had (seafood terrine) was thee most delicious dinner I have had in a long time, and I have had some excellent food on this trip. My sister enjoyed her chicken dinner as much as I enjoyed mine. Amazing!

1  Thank ptn1
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Best Beef Steak ever. Don't fall to the touristy restaurants on the 5th avenue- look for this place, you would not regret it. The food quality is something else, the french exquisite is very authentic and exigente and the ambiance is cool and relaxed, The owner is so welcoming, happy to help and recommend but not pressuring .
Truly recommended!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

after 5 years of search for a french food in Mexico, finally i found it!!! i just loved the food there, espedcially my so long craved gratin dauphinois. The service was good,and the place is smalll but nice. Definetly woul recomend it and definetly coming back there!!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Friends gifted my boyfriend and I an anniversary dinner. The food was delicious. The service and ambiance was excellent. The owner incredibly personable and friendly. I highly recommend this place. I hope this place continues to be successful.