“A wonderful new find”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We liked Cocotte Cita so much that we went there twice on our recent trip to PDC. While the menu is small, it is classic French bistro style and everything we had was delicious and wonderfully presented and served. We particularly loved the salad with the fried egg. We will be back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

After too many days of Mexican and Italian food I was desperate for something else so I scoured the internet. Finally settled on a French restaurant. Best decision we made. The food here was the best we had our entire trip. The duck was the best I have had anywhere. I usually don't like duck but my husband got it and I was wishing I had. I had the Beer Chicken which was also very very good. My daughter got the steak with bernaise sauce. We also got dessert which was oh so good. The owner/chef is there and explained everything on the menu for us and went into great detail for my husband since he is Celiac (gluten free). Simply a joy to eat at this quaint place just off of 5th avenue and 38th. Felt like a local place without all the crazy 5th avenue vibe. There is only so much of that I can take, then I want to enjoy a meal in a nice cafe. The prices are very reasonable compared to most other restaurants and the quality of the food and menu. I promise you your tastebuds will thank you!!!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

With all the ¨in your face¨ restaurants begging you from the street to try their food in Playa del Carmen, most of them horrible, Cocotte Cita is the complete opposite. A real restaurant. Never mind that it´s French. Yes it is. Excellent, authentic French food the way it should be done. But it is what restaurants should be. Good service, good food, beautiful setting, fairly priced and not forced. I´ve been in the industry for over 20 years. Have had restaurants myself, hence I admit that I am difficult and can easily lay into a restaurant for all it´s faults. I can understand when things don´t meet my expectations. As a chef, we all have our own ways of doing things. For instance, I love a good Duck Confit. Have never been able to enjoy it in another restaurant but my own, but Cocotte Cita has done it to perfection. Now with a new menu, things are even better. I know it´s not Mexican, and if you are here for a Mexican vacation experience, this is not it, but if you want to eat well and not be disappointed, as you will be by most places here, then eat here. You will not regret it.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My favorites: Chocolate Moliere - hope that's spelled right, think not ;-) made to order melted dark chocolate inside a cake souffle. The onion soup. The fish steamed in paper, good wines, quiet intimate ambience and fun hospitable waiter & owner always there.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

...you came to the right place. It`s a small romantic restaurant in a quieter residential part of Playa del Carmen. A good selection of French starters and main disches, including fois gras and parmentier de canard, all prepared afresh and tasty. A well-furbished wine list accompanies the meal. The staff was very attentive and new the menu well, explaining the qualities of dishes.
it was a welcome change from the Argentinian and the Italian places that crowds la Quinta.
I would go back their again to try other dishes.