“Excellent French bistro cuisine”
Review of Cocotte Cita - CLOSED

Cocotte Cita
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent French bistro cuisine”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We would highly recommend this gem of restaurant, owned and run by Julien and Chloe who are originally from Paris. We discovered this place the last time we were in Playa and were pleasantly surprised. Julien uses organic meats and produce and the freshest seafood.
My husband, my son and I went there for dinner and had the foie gras for appetizer. The foie gras was excellent and was produced in Mexico following the traditional French method. Julien creatively blends yucatan ingredients in the presentation of his dishes (like hibiscus glaze).
The portion are very generous and the wine prices very attractive.
The ambiance is very romantic, the service very attentive and the cuisine authentic, this is coming from a French citizen and good French food connoisseur. We would definitely be repeat customers as we are frequent Playa visitors.

1 Thank Patricia T

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best French food outside of France”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I love French food and this place does not disappoint. The wine list is limited as is the case with most restaurants here. I have not had French food this good outside of France.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank GeorgiaTravler
“Tres bien!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

What a surprise!
Walked into this restaurant this evening and did not know what to expect. Let me tell you one thing: It is great! Beeing an European I have tasted a lot of so called "italian" food in PDC. This place though gives you the best from the european kitchen at a very affordable rate. The staff is great, the good is super good and they have a great wine list! Super cozy restaurant A++

“Truly an amazing find”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am truly amazed that this place is not packed to the rafters. I have just left this restaurant and I just had to say its amazing. Everyone working understands the concept that the food is fresh and locally sourced. Even down to the fresh herbs growing outside. The food was truly decadent. The service impeccable and charming. I can see next year I will have to reserve a table weeks in advance.

1 Thank Clk8509
Huron, Ohio
“Great, great wine, Gaston The Cat, Great Food”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We came to this restaurant originally due to reviews of their wine. Well, this was our stop several nights for food, large glasses of chilled Chardonnay, Gaston their cat on premises, visits with the owner who is from Normandy, France, their server who is fantastic , and wonderful food! Gaston even has a facebook page! Stop by just off of 5th on the corner. Nice location!

• Visited April 2013