La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cache Hotel Boutique(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel 770(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Magic Blue Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hacienda Real del Caribe(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Hacienda Maria Bonita(Playa del Carmen)
Elefante(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Hotel Maya Turquesa(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
One Playa Del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Playa del Karma(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Los Itzaes Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
1,364 results
All reviewsrooftop poolla passionel tapasvenezuelan restaurantmunicipal parkkaxapa factorymade to order breakfastthree blocksfree breakfasthot tubado bus stationshort blocksbreakfast was deliciousgreat boutiquequinta avenidasmall balconylocation was perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Was pleasantly surprised by this boutique hotel, tucked away on a quiet block near Avenida Cinco. The staff were over-the-top welcoming and friendly and the experience was chock full of those little touches that make a hotel stay memorable. A great value from beginning to end.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Apart from the well known, generic all inclusive hotels, Le Pasion Boutique hotel is fantastic. It's not all froo froo, the rooms and clean and uncomplicated. But the location, service and basic amenities will not be beaten. I have since moved as I was unable to extend my stay (they were booked out) and now realise the gem that is this seemingly inexpensive little hotel 2 minutes walk from everything. Thanks!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Laura T
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Located at a perfect spot, just a short walking distance from the 5 av and the beach, quite at night (although we stayed at the time of the festival and it was so so loud when it was going on!!), the staff is amazing and very friendly, the breakfast is very good and freshly cooked. A few important points: take the room facing the pool, it's more quite, the bathroom is really really tiny and so is the safe...would recommend staying

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stay at La Pasion Hotel for an amazing holiday! Location is perfect, just 2 blocks from 5th Avenue and not much further to the beach. The rooms are clean and neat; complimentary breakfast was freshly cooked, tasty and served by friendly & fun staff. All of the staff within the hotel were so, so, so friendly & helpful. Would love to visit again.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the square, it was great for people watching and lapping up the evening sun.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I wanted to see what Playa del Carmen was all about, and had intended to stay in a very affordable hotel a friend recommended to me. That place was not available the night I needed it, so I found this establishment and reserved a room on booking.com. The room was small, but clean. The bath was nice. My only complaint is that the toilet seat wouldn't stay up. That's a small thing, but annoying. It had a small balcony with a view to the park across the street. One nice thing about this place is that the parking is in a basement garage and is totally secure. There is a breakfast included at a small restaurant next door. The food was passable. Not great. The staff is very friendly. There was a nice area inside the building like an atrium with a small swimming pool and a hot tub. I didn't get to try it out because I was basically on my way to Tulum and just wanted to experience what I heard was the incredible energy of Playa del Carmen.

This is a decent place, probably better suited for a romantic vacation than someone traveling alone like I was. The wi-fi was very weak in my room and intermittent. I ended up using a much stronger open network that must have been streaming in through my balcony window.

One funny thing about this place. I was quoted a price in pesos. When I told the gentleman I wanted to pay with my debit card, he converted the amount before swiping the card. You're not supposed to do that. MasterCard is supposed to do the conversion, and I don't think he used the true conversion rate. He lowered it to 12 pesos to the dollar. So in essence, he increased my charge. You might want to be careful about that when you stay here. Insist they just swipe the card and charge in pesos. I didn't make a big deal about it when I was there, but after I left, I started pondering it.

A general tip for travel in Mexico: when you are in a position to barter, use dollars. When the charge is non-negotiable, use cash pesos. I had no prior experience in Mexico, but in Europe they just quote in Euros and swipe the card. I can't say that using your debit card as much as possible in Mexico is the way to go. I've heard there are scams at the gas stations, so I always paid in cash pesos for fuel. When I bought gas in Playa the charge was 200 pesos. When I asked to pay in dollars, she said $20. That's not accurate. It should have been $15.80. I didn't argue, again because the difference was a few dollars.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo