“Lovely in everyway”

La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik
Ranked #15 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week and everything about the hotel is lovely. We were in contact with Pedro by email before we arrived. Replies were quick - a good start. When we arrived, Pedro could see we were very tired after a long flight so we went through the hotel facilities quickly and showed us our room.

The room was spacious and very clean. The beds were comfort (though a little soft for us as we like hard mattresses) and a very good size. The bathroom was spacious and contained the wardrobes giving us lots of storage space and meant we could both be in there getting ready and sort out wet sandy things without spreading sand and water everywhere. We also had a lovely balcony to sit out on and dry our swim gear.

There are communal areas in the hotel to sit and relax in and there is a water/ drinks station as well as regular cookies to nibble on. The pool area looked lovely but we didn't get a chance to use it as we were out and about everyday.

The best part of the hotel are the staff - they are fantastic. We got to know Pedro, Rodrigo, Francisco and Conrad by name but there are many others who we didn't learn the names of. They were great in giving us advise on our travels/ tours and on restaurants (more on that later) and were all super friendly. They really made us feel welcomed and at home.

On the restaurants - there are two restaurants immediately on the left and right of the hotel which are fantastic. El Tapas a Spanish restaurant (also where you have your breakfast in the morning) and Ta Cameron a Mexican seafood. Both are excellent and we ate at both twice having tried the restaurants on fifth avenue we found these much better value for money and much tastier.

We will be recommending the hotel to any friends who go to Mexico.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the road can get noisy at night so you can't leave the french doors open for ai...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Weece
There are newer reviews for La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were greeted by Francisco at check-in. This quaint little hotel has found the friendliest staff! The room wasn't large, but it was clean and comfortable. We always had hot water and good water pressure. The a/c worked well. The mini bar frig had room for us to keep a few of our own purchases cold. We were away from the madness of 5th Avenue...but only a short walk to everything. The breakfast included is at the little restaurant next door, but the hotel staffers run the breakfast. The selection was great. Everything we had was wonderful. I would recommend this romantic little spot to others. We used an Orbitz.com promo code and felt we got a great deal considering the caliber of this property/service.

Side note: Ground transportation from the Cancun airport can be pricey. I would recommend you look into the ADO bus. It was easy and comfortable to use.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had the chance to enjoy this wonderful hotel during this November in 2013 with my partner. We were brilliantly greeted by Rodrigo and Wilberth as soon as we arrived with refreshments and superb treat (that was a relief!). The hotel has a warm and cosy feeling, is situated within walking distance to the beach and close to the centre which for me is essential in this types of trips, because you don’t feel isolated in the middle of nowhere. Rooms are big, as the king size of their mattresses, they have coffee/tea service. Nice swimming pools and Jacuzzi. The city is just lovely, and food great specially the two restaurants in the hotel, which we became addicted to (don’t worry some extra pounds are inevitable!). Highly recommendable for first time visitors like us…. Just lovely, thank you guys!!!

1  Thank Jaume A
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

once again I am in this beautiful city of the Caribbean ... and once again I'm staying in this beatiful hotel. Just lovely. The service is great.It's super cozy. I love, especially in these times of rain stay at the hotel makes it nice and romantic

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I spent a week here and the staff was awesome...always smiling, and happy to accommodate, especially when it came to booking tours and advice on what to see/do. They became friends by the end of the week. The location was great - only a couple of blocks from 5th Avenue and the beach. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pamela W
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The location for this place is excellent. If you fly into Cancun, don't take a taxi, take the bus. The station is one block away and only cost 120 pesos or about $10 each.

It is a quiet hotel but the service is great. The best part is that you are only a short walk to the beach and 3 three blocks from the noise.

It is across from city hall.

Room Tip: The rooms are cheaper on the road side but the noise is fine as the hotel is across from city hall a...
1  Thank dan459us
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Well... I'm on the fence with this place.

The staff is wonderful- truly. They have oodles of personality and were cracking myself and my travel mate up! The staff at the restaurant was great also and I don't have a bad thing to say at all.

The location was a bit out of the way, which I found to be a good thing since I didn't want to listen to the bars and clubs play loud music all night. If you're one to want to stumble home drunk, it's really not that out of the way.

I would stay there again, except for a few things.

The bathroom has almost no light in it and the shower is tiny, so I cut myself several times shaving- and I'm usually a pro at this!

The head boards hit the wall... you know- you know. It was embarrassing- we had to put the little pillows they provided behind the headboard and then it would leave marks on the pillow.
We could hear EVERYTHING our neighbors were doing- including the headboard. Thin walls!!

They changed our towels every day which I didn't really care about- but unless we pulled the sheets off the bed and threw them on the floor, they never changed them.

I think the hot tub kept breaking while we were there- so when I did want to use it, it wasn't working. I know it worked to some extent, because other couples were in it.

There were ants/termites in our bathroom at night in the shower and there was a leak from the ceiling near the toilet.

The deck smelled like mold and whenever we put our clothing out to dry on the chair it would smell like rot. We did the same thing somewhere else and our suits just smelled like ocean- so I think there was some kind of mold there that was nowhere else.

Otherwise- they weren't deal breakers... I would still recommend this place to a friend. I'm not sure how much it cost though since I didn't pay for it- so if you find it pricey, maybe stay somewhere else. If you think the cost is fine, then I would stay there.