“Living the "Blue Life" dream.”
Review of Blue Life

Blue Life
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving in Playa del Carmen and Tulum. 5 Star Service Guaranteed. Reefs, Caverns, Cenotes, Cozumel, and Cave Diving and Courses. We are a team of highly-trained and professional instructors committed to providing our guests with a unforgettable diving or snorkeling experience during their stay. We recently won the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame Award and promise to work hard to make sure you have an incredible time with outstanding service.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 30, 2014

100+ 5 star reviews unbelievable right? Wrong.

There is one reason Blue Life only have 5 star reviews, because they deserve them.

My journey for a Full Cave Instructor began 8 months ago, looking for a company or individual that would be willing and capable of giving me the guidance and instruction needed to become a certified cave diver.
It was around 6 months ago I found Blue Life on ScubaBoard.com and contacted Frank. From the very first reply to my long winded email, (response within 24hours) I had answers to all of my questions with detail and understanding.
For me it was important to choose an instructor who I connected with and had a similar personality. I did not base my choice of Instructor on which certification agency they are with. I will always learn a lot more from a like minded instructor than the minimal course content differences offered by varies agencies, TDI, NACD, IANTD by choosing an instructor based on agency alone.

Within days I had my TDI cavern and cave material and exams and over the following months leading into my trip, Frank was always assisting with questions or concerns I had with the material.

Fast forward to April 2014 and I found myself in Playa del Carmen day one of my course. Frank had all the specific equipment that I required, (at no extra hire cost) and away we went, head first into theory and land based drills.

I have been diving for 3 years, PADI Rescue with 150ish dives and felt comfortable underwater. This course is where my comfort level was blown out of the water and pushed every single one of my limits; buoyancy, trim, propulsion, teamwork, awareness, communication, no visibility and gas sharing drills and so on.

Over the following 7 days Frank and I spent well over 800 minutes in the water where we worked our way through the course, and where more of my attention or skill was required, Frank focused on them with professionalism and respect, generating a real sense of confidence in me.

I then finished my course and Frank and I spent 4 days diving as buddies in some of the most beautiful caves in the area, and it is here Frank and I connected as divers and the enjoyment of the caves really came through. Frank was nothing short of perfect with his training and mentoring in and out of the water.

If you don't like people answering your question with another question go elsewhere, because Frank will not always provide the answer for you, rather he will make you rethink everything you ever knew about diving, and in doing so, create a much more aware and confident diver when you work through your original question.

Whether you want to do a open water courses, a Tec course or caves, Frank and his team will cater for your expectations, equipment and skill level, from one on one to group sessions.

Blue Life (Frank, Pete and Karla) are three incredible people who do not use the word "no." Nothing is too hard or too difficult and they spend their day making sure your day is the best it possibly can be.

Without question I would recommend anyone use Blue Life for their scuba diving training or diving holiday. You will not be disappointed.

Frank and Karla, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the incredible experience you provided for me and the life long memories of the beautiful Cenotes and training you gave.
See you in Australia.

4  Thank Andrew B
Frank G, Owner at Blue Life, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thanks for the review Andrew. The staff at Blue Life got a little teary eyed when it was read to them. We had a great time with you and hope you come back soon. Maybe we will see you in Oz!

All reviews
"bull sharks"
in 12 reviews
"always felt safe"

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I contacted Blue Life Diving months ago before coming to Cancun Mexico for my vacation. Myself and my boyfriend were first time travelers to Mexico and wanted to try scuba diving. I was in contact with a employee who answered my questions in a professional and timely matter and even took the time to get to know what I was looking for while explaining the different types of diving atmospheres. I chose the Discover Diving experience because it was our first time ever diving. Pete was our guide and he was on time in picking us up for our discover diving experience. We had a lot of fun on the way there asked lots of questions and felt extremely comfortable with the responses given. When we arrived Pete was very informative and professional about the safety of scuba diving and ensured that all details were covered and any questions were answered and explained. Pete was always calm and relaxing as an instructor making the diving experience 100% stress free. Pete was always positive in making sure our first time diving was safe and an experience we will never forget. We conducted mandatory safety skills that were necessary for every diver to know. These skills were also explained and demonstrated before diving took place. Upon completing our under water safety skills we were able to start exploring the waters with Pete close to our side. We felt so comfortable and relaxed after the moment of nervousness set (being first time divers) it was amazing experiencing the water from underneath. We both recommend this company and will continue to use Blue Life Diving for our next trip to get our Open Water Certification. This company really prides themselves on the safety of the diver(s) as well as the experience for the diver(s).

kperusquia, Manager at Blue Life, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Allora! I am so glad you and Adrian had a great time on your first scuba diving experience. Thank you for letting us guide you and introduce you to this beautiful underwater world. Looking forward to having you back with Blue Life to complete your Open Water training! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip while in Mexico!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a group of almost 20 people, some of us are divers, some of us snorkelers. Karla and Frank were able to accommodate us with ease! They are so nice and helpful, they really made the process of planning for a large group easy... which was great because it turns out planning for a large group is really hard!

Would dive with them again in a heart beat, but next time, we're going for Cenote's!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Frank G, Owner at Blue Life, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

Hi! I am glad you had such a great time with us. We cant wait to see you again!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

It was amazing, i really had the time of my life!! i hope to be back as soon as possible! I really enjoyed the divings at akumal, casa cenote and playa del carmen... My instructor Pete was great an very patient.

Thanks Frank and Karla, Blue Life is the best!! See u soon!!

Frank G, Owner at Blue Life, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

Hi Karen! I am glad you had such a great time with us. We cant wait to see you again!