“MUST SEE! MUST DO! AMAZING EXPERIENCE!”
Review of Blue Life

Blue Life
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving in Playa del Carmen and Tulum. 5 Star Service Guaranteed. Reefs, Caverns, Cenotes, Cozumel, and Cave Diving and Courses. We are a team of highly-trained and professional instructors committed to providing our guests with a unforgettable diving or snorkeling experience during their stay. We recently won the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame Award and promise to work hard to make sure you have an incredible time with outstanding service.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 28, 2013

FANTASTIC TIME, LOTS OF FUN!
You haven’t experience much in the Riviera Maya if you haven’t been in the water with Blue Life. Karla and Frank are true professionals in the business, who are extremely flexible with regard to customer needs. :)Yay! They took the time to explain everything about the formation of these beautiful caves, the political influence and the local culture. They even went out of their way to give us advice on where to go and what to do while in Tulum. We really enjoyed our snorkel at The Pet Cemetery! What a beautiful place and what an amazing team! We highly recommend them, with no doubt we will go back for another snorkel or maybe a scuba diving course.

kperusquia, Manager at Blue Life, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi Anabelle! Thank you for a great review. We are please to hear that you had an amazing experience with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Tulum, and that you come back ready for some training next time. Looking forward to having you back out here again soon! All our best!

All reviews
"bull sharks"
in 12 reviews
"always felt safe"

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hello everybody, my name is Chris. I work since over tree years as dive Instructor and collected a lot of experience in recreational diving, tec and sidemount.

Why I tell you this?

Because, I want you to understand that my standarts for a course are high and I´m searching for the BEST. THAT´s BLUE LIFE with it´s owner Frank.

What you have to know about Frank is, that he is a highly professional instructor for all courses Blue Life offers. But that´s not all. At Blue Life every diver get his or her individuell training which brings you to a whole new level. That also happend to me. At the same time he is straight on the rules of safty and just an awesome personality.
After all we´ve been through in the couse, I´m proud to call him a friend not just a teacher.

And what about the courses, he and Blue Life is offering?
I did my Full Cave diver, advanced Cave Sidemount diver and Survey with him. It was an unbeliveble experience with so many new cool stuff to learn. Definitely the most fun course I´ve ever done. To describe the whole thing would take too long, so here is my summary:

Challenging for every level. Learn how to handle these, getting better. Interessting problem solving ("there are no problems"), Increase your awareness level. Unbeliveble locations. Everyday a new experience. Good times.

So if you are looking for a Divecenter in or around Playa del Carmen and Tulum, don´t look further. Trust Blue Life and you ganne have an amazing time.
All I have to say in the end is:
Thank you Frank for an unforgettable experience in my life, it made me truely a better diver.

1  Thank ChriSchmidt

Chris! Thank you so much for this amazing review. We loved having you training with us. It was incredible watching you, Tono, and Ken learn. We hope you are getting to dive all around the world and that you are finally settled in Australia. We wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors in this amazing industry. Safe dives :)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I told my husband that I wanted to do cavern diving for my birthday. I had heard that Mexico was the best place to do this because the cenotes around Tulum were supposed to be super amazing. I also love taking under-water photos and I wished to take a few photos to cherish the memory. After a lot of research, I found a reputable diving company via the PADI website, who then went on to recommend Frank to us. At the time, we decided to kill 2 birds with one stone, to do the Speciality Diver course in Cavern Diver and enjoy cavern diving.

We were in contact with Frank via email at the beginning and he was very knowledgable in advising what courses were available, how long it would take, the reading material we would need to do and subsequent online test. He even recommended Side Mount as an option and we decided to do that too. We were sent a little video on how to practice on our buoyancy prior to our arrival as we only had a few days in Mexico so a lot of pre-prep work was required eliminating unnecessary class room time and maximising on hands-on in the water experience.

Frank was able to tailor our course over 3-4 days and also helped me to take a photo of this very special experience, allowing me to also stop once in a while to take a photo quickly whilst on our strict training. We started off with training just the 2 of us, then a 3rd person joined which made the training experience even more challenging and fun. Frank is a very patient and calm teacher, but he is no softy and makes you work for the answers and solutions, he also has a wicked sense of humour and is very generous with his time. He went beyond our expectations and picked us up every morning, hand picking some of the best and most beautiful cenotes for our training, and took us to a great local place for drinks and the biggest bowl of ceviche I have ever seen. He even went as far as getting us a bottle of this local tequila that we wanted and hand delivered it to our hotel. We were so touched as it was a hell of a long drive back.

My advice is that you do need a thick full length wet suit and your rash vest as it does get super cold in there, but do bring your own mask and fins. And a hat for when Frank does the verbal training above water. It is disgustingly hot before you go in the cave in full gear but once in the water it is a sweet relief.

The experience was everything I thought it would be, I was amazed how different it was to swim in salt water to rain water in a matter of seconds. The light that shone through the cave ceiling holes looked like UFO beams coming down from the sky with loads of cat fishes swimming around. It was totally amazing.

We came away with more qualifications than I thought we would and I am very proud to say we are now certified as:

1. Sidemount Diver (TDI)
Cavern Diver (TDI)
Sidemount (Padi)
Cavern Diver (Padi)
Sidemount Diver (SDI)

I would highly recommend Blue Life and Frank as your trainer, AND PERSONALLY THANK FRANK for the best ever birthday experience.

Sophie, we are really happy you enjoyed your training with Frank and that Blue Life made it possible for an amazing birthday experience. It definitely was a pleasure diving with both of you and hope we get the opportunity to dive with you again in the near future, maybe you decide to go all the way with full cave :). We wish you all the best and send you all our blessings. Safe dives in Grand Cayman! xx

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Blue Life is a great dive company. I did my diving with them out of Tulum Mexico. I talked to Frank about my goals and cave diving. He offered good advice about coming down, what gear to bring and presented a custom diving plan for me. Definitely he is experienced and professional. I started intro to cave diving with a "one on one" class. This was demanding for me, and to be honest I needed a little time to work with my skills before I was ready to become a full cave diver. After I completed Intro to Cave Diving, we worked out a plan to prepare me for the "next level". I met up with Blue life three weeks later - after I mastered my skills. I completed - Full Cave Diver with 2 other divers. Again this was demanding but well worth it. My buoyancy, trim, propulsion techniques, awareness, and team skills have advanced well beyond where I started. My advice to future Cave Divers -

1)Contact Blue Life
2)Make a plan
3)Get in the water.

Remember anyone can go into caves - but only a properly trained "Cave Diver" comes out every time. Learn to do it right -Start here!

kperusquia, Owner at Blue Life, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review Ken. It was a true pleasure diving with you. We are really proud of you Ken, you came a long way! Great job! Hopefully we get to dive with you soon again, and maybe this next time around you will be able to steel Frank's peanut butter granolas. :) Hope everything is going great back home in Texas. Safe dives!