“Good Enough” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #194 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Swift Current, Canada
“Good Enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, clean bed.....that about raps it up!! Nothing fancy about this place (paid $60/night Mar-2013). My wife and I left our resort for 1 night to party in Playa. As other reviews mention, a "stone's throw" from the best night club's in Playa, 50 steps from 5th Ave, 1 block from CocoBongo's. Don't plan on any relaxing evenings here, but fantastic location if you are looking for some fun! The staff were kind and helpful. On the actual "star system", this place would rate a 1/2 star.....for someone looking for a cheap place for a weekend: 4 star.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kukes69

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The location is great, 2 minutes walk from the beach and from the main street of Playa Del Carmen, but it too close to the party area, during the night we heard the music from 5 diffrent clubs at the same time! of course that if you going to party till 5 in the morning you won't have a problem with that, but in case you love to sleep a few hours a night it will be almost impossible. besideד all this its a really nice place, free wifi, the staff is nice and again- the location is amazing! i would have rate it excellent if the nights were quiet.

Room Tip: not the rooms on the street side
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vered R
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotwire, so we weren't sure which hotel it was going to be until we paid. Although this hotel surprisingly has misleading higher ratings than I expected, I would say it doesn’t even deserve 1 star. Filter the comments to read the lowest ratings and you'll see why. We booked the hotel the night before through Hotwire. We arrived there early (at 12pm) just to see if there were any rooms available to check in yet. The lady at the front said, check in is at 3. Ok that's understandable, we're early anyway. So we'll just walk around, wait around til 3 (with our suitcases, mind you). So at 3 we come back. The lady at the front was so rude, "No, No, not ready, shaking her head." and she pulls out the sheet of paper that is not us. "That's not us" and then I told her our name. And shes already saying "No, no no you can't check in" as she's pulling up our names. I'm getting frustrated with her, because all she was saying was no no no, shaking her head at us rudely, and not explaing what she means. "So when can we check in?" I ask. "Not yet, maybe 4" Ok, so any respectful hotel, would give you a time, i'm not going to waste a whole vacation day not knowing what time i can check in..... i don't appreciate that they changed the time on me, I could've made a trip with the rental car in that time that I waited, and on top of that I don't know when I'll be able to check in... That was already off to a bad start. There were other people there in the same situation, in the waiting area. Once we got to our room, there were no towels. Barely any toilet paper (we had to ask for more everyday). The water pressure of the shower was so weak (trickling shower), that went from hot to cold back and forth. It was so cold at night, and they didn't have anything but a sheet on the bed!!! That’s probably ok for summer, but I went in January!! I asked for a blanket, and they said they don't have any!!! I could feel the springs of the bed jabbing into my back. The windows in the bedroom and bathroom did NOT close.. which brings me to my most important point. THE NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FROM 10PM TO 5AM NONSTOP POUNDING NOISE!!!!!!!! Its coming from a club/bar called Mandala on the same block. To make things worse, its an intersection of places that try to compete with how loud their music can be to drown out the loudest (Mandala). The owner of the hotel likes to respond to people's low reviews and say its not the hotels fault that its noisy, and they say they're working on getting the city to regulate that place. But people, read the dates, even in 2009 comments say it’s the loudest place. So DON’T STAY HERE, YOU WON’T SLEEP!!!!!!! This is my TRIP ADVISOR REVIEW to OTHER PEOPLE, not to the hotel, I don’t need your response. Fix your staff, get some blankets, and fix your windows/water pressure (I was in room 11). I am in my twenties, I like to go out too, but sleeping there was hell.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sharon V

Travelers are raving about these Playa del Carmen hotels

Clarksburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went to Playa Del Carmen with a group to attend a friends wedding. Our party was bigger than expected so we had to get an additional room once we arrived. The hotel we were staying at did not have any other rooms, so they suggested this one. The rooms were clean, close to the beach, but noisy at night. There are several clubs and bars adjacent to the hotel that operate until almost sunrise. Also, they had us sign that we received a remote for the TV upon check in. The remote did not work, so we returned it to the cleaning lady, whom we assumed worked for the hotel. When we tried checking out, they said the cleaning personnel did not work for the hotel and they had not received the remote back. After 40 minutes and help from some locals to translate, we were finally able to leave and not pay $50 for the remote. The area was awesome. The food was great in the local restaurants. Would probably think twice about staying at this particular hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MntneerMan
Valladolid, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

No frills. Nothin' fancy. My friend and I needed a simple, clean room for a good price-- and it's exactly what we got.

There are three things that I would like to mention:
1. There is not a visible sign in front of the hotel. We walked right past it.
2. The towels are stained and full of holes.
3. The location is wonderful for people that go out and stay out late, as it is very close to all the clubs and bars on 12th street. If you are looking for a tranquil room, this is NOT for you!

Room Tip: Room 15 was nice. It had a balcony overlooking 1st street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AndieLynn
Palmdale, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Convenient to beach, great staff, clean room! But the music from surrounding bars really put a damper on things. The thumping of the bass in music they played was quite disconcerting, earplugs were of no use. I had read previous reviews so I was somewhat prepared but it just proved to be too much. I left after my reservation and found lodging elsewhere. Maybe OKAY for a 1-2 night stay or drink till you pass-out every night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bobcstlmo
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is cheap and is very close to the beach. It is reasonably clean and has a pool. This does not make up for the fact that it is impossible to sleep due to the fact that at least 3 different clubs play very loud music until 5 am. The first night we I could sing a long in the songs (if I would have been in a better mood). The next night we were moved ta another room in the back. It was better but I could stiller hear the base drums all night. If you plan on clubbing until 5 am this is a good choise, otherwise avoid at all cost.

Room Tip: If you stay here make sure you get rooms in the back (on the left side if facing the hotel). We had...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family