Hotel Las Golondrinas
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$331
$217
Barcelo.com
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla(Playa del Carmen)
$387
$191
Melia.com
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$413
$347
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$423
$338
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$480
$472
$701
$450
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$761
Bookit.com
All reviewsconvenient locationnice breakfastcomfortable roombreakfast includedfamily hotelstayed here for nightshotel is situatedpleasant staytwo double bedsthe ground floormain poolavenuebeachclubdeskpoolspdcmexico
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Stayed here for the first 5 nights of our holiday, booked on the internet and it was ok for the price. Initially we were quite happy, the hotel is basic but very clean, rooms are dark and no one uses the pool as it is in the middle of the hotel. Can be very noisy at night as some guests sit around the pool and chat noisily, this echoes around the rooms. The “beach club” is just a few chairs under an umbrella. Much cheaper and nicer to go to one of the lovely beach bars where you can use the facilities with no charge only the price of a drink.

On returning to the hotel for 1 night after doing some travelling they would not give us the room rate advertised outside but agreed to charge us the same rate as we originally paid. On returning home it appears they have charged us nearly twice as much as agreed. When paying either book on the internet or pay in cash.

This hotel is just ok if you are passing through.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OspreySwansea_Wales
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My partner and I stayed here from Dec 19th - January 4th for the holidays. We didn't know what to expect as neither of us had ever stayed here.

We arrived really late, as our flight in Cancun didn't land until midnight. There was someone waiting for us at the front desk who helped us with our immense amounts of luggage (scuba gear). There's no elevators, so if you are of limited mobility, I would recommend requesting a room on the first floor.

We wanted to upgrade to a suite while we were there, so we'd have a kitchenette available to us, but the front desk staff said they couldn't accommodate us with one for the entire duration (we'd have to move to a suite for a few days, then back to a regular room, then back to a suite). So we decided to just go with a regular room and we'd buy a styrofoam cooler for the beer! On our first morning out, we returned to find they had found us a mini-fridge to be used while we were there for no extra charge! How nice!

The staff made some of the cutest and most inventive towel art I've ever seen. They do a great job at keeping the place spotless. Book with them for the taxi ride to and from the airport, though. If you do the private car, you'll save almost $80 usd over the service from the airport.

They have free wifi available and a small computer area in the lounge. The wifi is really good, it just resets itself every 20 minutes or so, so don't plan on streaming any video while you're there. ;)

There's two pools available. While I was studying in the lounge area beside the main pool, I noticed lots of little lizards and geckos in the foliage. They're so cute! You need to keep your eyes peeled for them. The pools are hardly ever used though, since the hotel is a 5 minute walk to the beach! Not only that, but of course it's only 5 minutes to the famed 5th ave shopping district. What a vibrant little area.

It's also just a block away from the Mega Pelican, if you need to shop for sunscreen or snack foods or beverages. It's a very convenient location.

I only ate at the restaurant once, but wasn't a huge fan. I would take that with a grain of salt, considering I'm a really picky eater.

Oh, and if you scuba dive, check out the phantom divers dive shop, I did my open water cert with them and they are wonderful! They do on-request centoes, shark and night diving.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ApatheticAlbertan
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel was immaulate,and was gorgous. The lobby was like walking into a beatiful museum. the tile and decorations were perfect. the court yard was beautiful with natural flora and fauna, the different shaped pool with perfect blue tile was very appealing. The rooms were equipped with air conditioner and ceiling fans and the tile was like glass so clean and beautiful. Front desk staff very knowlegable of area and attractions and restaurant on site was delicious and also clean and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank wallers3
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I book my reservation online for 4 adults and I got an standard room instead of the suite, this wasn't the worst part we got the std. room the air conditioner was broke, the specifications said 2 queen size beds, we only get one queen and one individual and we were 4 people . The host at the reception has to do everything he fix our air condioner, our bathroom, our door , the "submanager" Lic. candy or something waas soo busyy to solve our problems....Well not a good hotel at all

4  Thank Vanholls
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Location:
For 11 nights I stayed at Las Golondrinas: the hotel is 5 min walk to the beach and 1 block from the main tourist street of 5 Ave. There are various restaurants where the locals eat scattered on the same road and around, there is a huge supermarket/mall called Mega 1 minute walk on the same road. Summary: ideally located away from the main noise of 5 Ave but central to everything you need.

Services:
As I needed to study Spanish, I asked for a quiet room and this was obliged. The linen is washed daily unless you place a sign for 'save water' on the bed. The rooms are thoroughly cleaned, and overlook the central courtyard/pool. TV, hairdryer and safety deposit box included. Internet is free at Reception. Improvements: lighting, I agree with earlier comments that the lighting in the rooms are quite poor. Also, the pool is in the central courtyard and does not receive much sunlight hence sunbathers best go to the beach.

Breakfast:
Served at the adjacent restaurant: apart from the fruit, there was a lack of healthier options: cakes, yoghurt for cereals such as cornflakes, cheerios and rice crispies, and small slices white bread. The coffee is very weak. However, they do offer lovely pancakes known as 'hotcakes' and for a tiny fee of 10 Mexican pesos you can order scrambled eggs - well worth it. Again the service was excellent.

Overall:
As a single female, I would definitely return and stay at Las Golondrinas. Candy and Lucrecia work in the mornings and are extremely helpful. Arturo does the evening shift and provided many tips for me. Thanks to all of them.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Ivana Z