We were in Playa for our beach wedding, and booked 6 rooms, including the Ocean Front room for ourselves. We chose the Alhambra for it's proximity to the beach and "main drag", and also due to the fact it was situated at the quieter end of Playa. We were not disappointed. The rooms were clean and light and airy. The Ocean Front room was absolutely fantastic, with mini fridge, unlimited purified water and balcony overlooking the beach - a great place where our wedding guests congregated each evening for drinks before dinner.
The staff were friendly and helpful, and all the arrangements which they made to collect our various guests from the airport went smoothly. The food at the restaurant was delicious, and Happy Hour was well appreciated each afternoon.
There was a bit of noise from the nightclub further up the beach every night, but that could not be helped - and ear plugs solved that little problem anyway.
If you are looking for a large, soulless, all-inclusive resort, this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for an intimate hotel which is full of character, then you can't go past the Alhambra. I cannot thank them enough for making our special time here even more memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carmen Hotel, an adults only Boutique Hotel located on the Beach in the center of Playa del Carmen, steps away for the World Famous 5th Avenue. The Carmen features Keel Restaurant and Beach Club and Deck 5, a Pool and Sky Bar, 5 stories above the beach offering the best views on all of Playa del Carmen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Carmen Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alhambra Playa Del Carmen
- The Carmen Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico