We had the nicest room in the hotel. We had the only king size bedroom over looking the water. Our room was next to the yoga studio and we had a balcony which wrapped around the hotel from the beach to the side entrance. It was clean, hat hot fresh water showers, breakfast was included and delicious. The location was in the center of everything. Our hotel helped us book a scuba diving trip, although fun...I would recommend diving closer to Cozumel. The only thing a little annoying was the club next door. We kept the windows open for the breeze and it was a bit loud.... but we could have turned the air conditioner on if we were really bothered. The hotel is a bit expensive for what you get, but it appears Mexico is just as expensive as the US these days. You must try El Fogon restaurant if you are in Playa del Carmen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carmen Hotel, an adults only Boutique Hotel located on the Beach in the center of Playa del Carmen, steps away for the World Famous 5th Avenue. The Carmen features Keel Restaurant and Beach Club and Deck 5, a Pool and Sky Bar, 5 stories above the beach offering the best views on all of Playa del Carmen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your The Carmen Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alhambra Playa Del Carmen
- The Carmen Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico