All reviewscoco bongowould definitely stay here againminute walk to the beachnice poolexcellent locationfifth avenueplug5taavenida
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This was a fine place to stay. Rooms are tastefully decorated with colorful tile, air conditioning that works, and cable equipped t.v. Nice balcony that overlooks pool. Pool is small but clean and refreshing after day in sun. Location is great - 1 block from 5ta avenida and next to a restaurant. Internet access in lobby. Staff was very time helpful and made me feel welcome. Would definitely stay here again - next time in Cancun.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan L
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I went with my bf in a budget as we were backpacking Mexico and compared between 5 different hotels, including the ones Lonely Planet advices. This was the 3rd hotel we saw and came back to stay. I think it was definitely way more worth than others because of the price and the service. I would recommend it for a family, group of friends and couples. The only problem is that it can be packed as when we left there was people waiting to see if they could get a room already. It is not right away in front of the beach but everything is walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank purpleskirt
Reviewed February 9, 2010

For a younger guest it may be perfect - it is located a block from 5th ave and across the street from the coco bongo night club. The hotel and room spelled really bad - like a cross between paint thinner and mold. The hotel was cute as were the rooms. Everything looks like the photos on the web site. I just couldn't take the smell and the noise. From 11pm until 5am you will feel like your in the nightclub. The price was great $70. Fortunately the air-conditioner was so loud it almost downed out the club music. for drunk club goers it would be perfect.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oregonjp
Reviewed February 24, 2009

This hotel is in a wonderful location. A block off fifth street and two blocks from the beach !! The hotel is cute from the outside. The pool and patio area are small and cute, do not stay here if you are looking for pool time, this is not the hotel for you. The rooms are spacious with tv's with quite a few English speaking channels and wonderful AC and ceiling fans. Although their was quite a smell of mildew and cigarets in our room. The bathrooms are nice with showers with wonderful water pressure and temperatures. The bed and the sheets where adequate, and the pillows, well adequate is being polite. The hotel staff was extremely helpful, nice and accommodating.

The hotel is feet away from Coco Bongo, which you can hear the music playing on weekends until early on in the morning. If you are not partying with them ear plugs are a most.

We had flight issues on the way down, they would not let us cancel one night of our reservations, we had to pay for the night we where not their. Something that is understandable in a small hotel, but on a busy weekend night and us still staying three more nights it would have been nice if they could have worked with us on the situation.

This was an ok hotel for the money, but we have stayed in nicer places for less money in Playa, if you can I would shop around.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank basildogpuppy
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Cute little hotel - looked just like the pictures on their website. The location is just perfect. It's only a two minute walk to the beach and the main pedestrian area is just around the corner. Also, some fabulous restaraunts are really close. I've been to Mexico a few times, and I'm familiar with the musty smell and hard beds, and I get a little peeved when people complain about them, because it's just a regular part of a Mexico trip. But this smell was horrible! We tried to turn up the A/C to get the humidity out, but there was mildew that you could see right in the walls. Also, the beds were so hard that our hips hurt! Every time we walked in the room, the smell was outrageous. When we got home and opened up our suitcases, the clothes smelled! We had to put every single thing in the washer. Too bad, because I really liked everything else. But I could never go back there. Also, their website said they had a free continental breakfast or American breakfast for $3.99. This is not true as their restaurant is under construction.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends