From Dec 1 to Dec 10 we enjoyed our stay at this wonderful hotel. After years of staying at large all inclusive hotels in this area, we felt it was time to branch out and try something different and more exciting. The Luna Blue proved to be the perfect place to make this change. The room wasn't fancy or deluxe but we immediatly felt right at home. Our room was on the ground floor tucked away in the corner of their large tropical garden. The room was spotless. No TV and we never missed it. We had a kitchenette which we used every day for breakfast and lunch. We'd go to Mamita's beach Club in the morning, it's about 3 blocks away, and return when we were hungry for lunch. Loved the croissants and the avacados that we bought locally. Mamita's was fun too and the best part is that the Luna Blue provides daily passes for the sun chairs and a palapa. In the evening we would walk down the street and have dinner at one of the many retaurants in the area. Our favorites, Babes Noodle House and El Baretto just steps away. Try the shrimp!!
Our room had 2 ceiling fans which seemed to do the job well. We seldom turned the air conditioning on. The room was cleaned daily and we never had a complaint.
We made a few trips to Tulum to visit the wonderful, less crowded beaches there. The drive was about an hour long but it's worth the trip. This hotel is a lot more reasonable than the hotels on the beach in Tulum.
The Luna Blue is owned by Tony and Cherie and they also make the experience enjoyable. Whenever we saw them they would stop and chat like we had been their best friends forever! This genuine, warm way of treating their customers was really appreciated and is also why we can hardly wait to go back next December.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico