“What A Find!”

Luna Blue Hotel
Ranked #98 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Jacksonville,FL
Reviewed June 15, 2006

Tony and Sherri and the LB Hotel Team rock! Our stay at the Luna Blue was wonderful. Close to Mamitas Beach Club and all key attractions, yet, off the main drag so that you can get a good night's rest. The rooms were very comfortable, safe and clean. Toni and Sherri made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. The property is very quaint and has a very nice feel to it. I will be back as soon as I have the opprotunity. I have traveled extensively over the last 30 years and can say that this hidden find is so worth it's value.
- Mark

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 14, 2006

We stayed at the Luna Blue in June of '06, after having some booking difficulties with a larger hotel on the beach (long story)
The Luna Blue was a whole different experience; the owners, Tony and Cheri were extremely personable, and got back to me within a couple of hours throughout the whole booking process.
The hotel itself is very nice, clean and spacious (we stayed in one of the kitchenette rooms). I hear that there are plans to add in a jacuzzi and bar as well! So, it should get even better in the months to come.
It's true that the hotel is a couple blocks from the beach, but I'd even recommend staying here over a place on the beach, as you get free passes to a very nice beach club (in my opinion, better than having to pay a lot of money and search around for chairs)
One of the greatest advantages to this place is Tony and Cheri themselves. They were an invaluable source of info about local restaurants, activities, etc. They are friendly and enthusiastic about giving advice to travelers...don't miss the butcher shop steak restaurant!

All in all, this hotel is a fantastic find, and made our stay in PDC a much more enjoyable experience. It really shows that Tony and Cheri are the owners of this place, as they personally care very much about the well-being of their guests.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2006

Luna Blue is a lush little oasis of a hotel in the heart of beautiful Playa Del Carmen. Tony and Cheri are wonderful people who welcome you like old friends. Their staff is attentive and kind. My fiancé, my friend, and myself were given excellent advice upon arrival for places to eat and have fun. Luna Blue, although not right on the beach, has an affiliation with a beach resort down the block, which makes it easy to get a good lounge on the beach. That is just one example of a great host. They really want you to enjoy their town as they do.

I stayed in one of the smaller rooms, which was simple yet cozy. The hotel is quiet and clean and so close to the fun of Playa del Carmen you'll be amazed how peaceful it is.

I would love to try the Tree Top rooms because I hear they're great. Next time I'm there I will reserve Luna Blue in advance. It's worth it.

Thanks again Tony & Cheri for a wonderful time.

-Chris P

14  Thank Chris P
Reviewed June 12, 2006

My husband and I just got back from a week in Playa Del Carmen and the Luna Blue. I have stayed in the biggy all inclusive resorts before and this is the first time I stayed in a hotel. Let's just say I will never do the resort thing again. The Luna Blue has wonderful rooms overlooking a beautiful garden. Tony and Cheri (the owners) are awesome. They actually made the hotel feel like a home away from home. They had wonderful suggestions ranging from where to eat to things to do that most tourists wouldnt even know about. The Luna Blue is clean, beautiful, close to one of the nicest beaches in the area and you get all the excitement of 5th ave. without being on top of it. I would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone. We are already planning are next trip there.

18  Thank lulu17
Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2006

I visited Playa del Carmen for the first time a couple weeks ago and stayed at the Luna Blue Hotel. Not only is this hotel very quaint and charming, but the friendly (and helpful) owners Tony and Cheri are icing on the cake. They made our trip so warm and memorable. Luna Blue is just a couple blocks from the beach and walking distance to all the action. It's a perfect location -- situated in a more quiet area which made for good sleep and relaxation after a fun night of dinner and dancing (just blocks away). It's a GREAT deal and I highly recommend it! I plan on going back to Playa in a couple months and will most certainly return to this little gem of a hotel! Thanks Tony & Cheri!

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2006

There are plenty of excellent reviews here already about the Luna Blue, and just wanted to add my thanks to Toni and Cheri for being wonderful hosts. I stayed here with 3 of my buddies the last week of May 2006, and we had a good time. We stayed in a kitchen suite, which was roomy and clean. The free passes to Mamitas beach were a great bonus.
The hotel is nice and clean, the owners are super great; the location is good. You just can't beat this hotel if you're on a budget and don't want to stay in a big impersonal all-inclusive hotel!

12  Thank blossom
Reviewed June 7, 2006

WE LOVED LUNA BLUE and would recommend it to anyone....perfect location, lovely balconies, bottled water, fantastic deal, wonderful hosts, quiet, unique, clean- its truly a little paradise. we can't wait to go back!

8  Thank victoriaaustin