What a wonderful 5 days spent at the Luna Blue Hotel, a little tropical oasis off the hustle and bustle of 5th Avenue.
From the very moment we walked through the gate, I realized this would be the perfect place to spend our week in Playa. From cooling off in the refreshing pool listening to the sound of the waterfall, to swinging on the bar swings drinking ojo rojos from Ivan, to a visit from Frankie, the resident "gato" - everything about Luna Blue was what I want in a vacation... a charming place to get away from it all and just RELAX!
First of all -- each staff member we met went above and beyond to assist us during our stay. From suggestions for a rainy day excursion to the best tacos in Playa, I can't say enough about the staff here. Tony and Cheri were a delight to talk to -- and I especially love that they're such animal lovers, as evidenced by Frankie and Callie, the resident kitties. The rooms were kept immaculate every single day and we returned each afternoon to find a fun towel sculpture in our room. Ivan was the star of the show, as he mixed us fun cocktails and recommended tacos, in addition to basically just laughing with us the entire night while we enjoyed our cocktails. It made us feel right at home and it was a sad day when we had to say goodbye to our favorite bartender in Playa!
The crazy thing is that while visiting some friends at an all-inclusive during our stay, I was worried that I'd regret not staying where the group stayed... you know, missing out on amenities like a swim up bar, infinity pool, endless cocktails and tons of activities. I couldn't have been more wrong and I am so thankful I was able to experience Playa via the Luna Blue. It was quiet, relaxing and just steps away from the bustling 5th Avenue. It was exactly what I needed to get away and I am just so thankful to have had the opportunity to stay here. Low key, beautiful and couldn't have asked for a better stay! THANK YOU!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico