“I didn't want to leave!”
Review of Luna Blue Hotel

Luna Blue Hotel
Ranked #95 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Jersey City, New Jersey
“I didn't want to leave!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

What a wonderful 5 days spent at the Luna Blue Hotel, a little tropical oasis off the hustle and bustle of 5th Avenue.

From the very moment we walked through the gate, I realized this would be the perfect place to spend our week in Playa. From cooling off in the refreshing pool listening to the sound of the waterfall, to swinging on the bar swings drinking ojo rojos from Ivan, to a visit from Frankie, the resident "gato" - everything about Luna Blue was what I want in a vacation... a charming place to get away from it all and just RELAX!

First of all -- each staff member we met went above and beyond to assist us during our stay. From suggestions for a rainy day excursion to the best tacos in Playa, I can't say enough about the staff here. Tony and Cheri were a delight to talk to -- and I especially love that they're such animal lovers, as evidenced by Frankie and Callie, the resident kitties. The rooms were kept immaculate every single day and we returned each afternoon to find a fun towel sculpture in our room. Ivan was the star of the show, as he mixed us fun cocktails and recommended tacos, in addition to basically just laughing with us the entire night while we enjoyed our cocktails. It made us feel right at home and it was a sad day when we had to say goodbye to our favorite bartender in Playa!

The crazy thing is that while visiting some friends at an all-inclusive during our stay, I was worried that I'd regret not staying where the group stayed... you know, missing out on amenities like a swim up bar, infinity pool, endless cocktails and tons of activities. I couldn't have been more wrong and I am so thankful I was able to experience Playa via the Luna Blue. It was quiet, relaxing and just steps away from the bustling 5th Avenue. It was exactly what I needed to get away and I am just so thankful to have had the opportunity to stay here. Low key, beautiful and couldn't have asked for a better stay! THANK YOU!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank thesaraelizabeth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We spent 4 nights at this hotel during out stay on the Yucatan. We were advised by others to avoid Cancun and to go for Playa del Carmen. This place is right off 5th Avenue. You can't go wrong. You couldn't ask for a more friendly and charming place and staff. Rooms were great. If you have a rental car, it's street parking only, but we didn't have a problem, even during Spring Break.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
oklahoma
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wow! What a charming little hotel right by the great area of 5 th avenue shops and restaurants. The staff if very friendly. The hotel is quiet. I love the natural setting. The rooms are comfortable but no ocean views...in case your looking for it. Just go outside and walk a block and your there! I really like it here. No big crowds. I can have all the fun I want out on the beach or around town and then go to my charming little hotel and relax. You should try it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hanksmom
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Luna Blue. Jaime, Jorge and Felipe were very nice and helped us find affordable local restaurants with good food. We love the swings at the bar and enjoyed the pool as well. The band that played Thursday was the best we heard while in PDC.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank myjudge2
Prior Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My friend and I booked a very last minute trip, and were so happy that we had found this charming hotel! The rooms were very clean, the pool was lovely and the small bar with swings was a great way to start our evening out every night! In the morning there was coffee and some very yummy fruit breads....I would absolutely stay here again!! Thank you Tony and Sheri!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor and felt very safe.( we were two women)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank violetjean5
Frisco, TX
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were late arriving (after midnite) and they were available the whole time and even accomodated a small request since we were late. Even loaned us a knife to cut limes for beach beers. Very nice couple and even a visit from Frankie the resident cat made us feel at home. Keep up friendly feel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TXGoose23
Fernley, Nevada
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Owners Tony and Sheri do an excellent job of making you welcome and cared for. The rooms were very clean. Jorge at the bar makes great margarita although he got my husband drunk on tequila a couple of times. would definitely go back. Also as a perk it is adult only The only bad thing is that over the two weeks we were there it rained all except 4 days so don't go in October

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple