Great place to stay in Playa, more relaxed and only a few blocks from the beach. Lots of nice seating area in front of our room as well as at the pool and in the common area. Didn't expect Playa to be as expensive as it was, but seems to be the trend in more touristy areas. 1 thing to note, the bar at the hotel has live music 2 nights a week which was good and brings in a mostly older gringo crowd. The other nights a loop of Jimmy Buffett satellite radio is playing. In both instances, the music stops at 11 or so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico