What an excellent little hotel!
We went here earlier this month and stayed two weeks and had just an amazing vacation.
10 Reasons I LOVE the Luna Blue Hotel:
10. Kitty - they have a kitty named Frankie, well actually 3 cats but Frankie the orange cat is very friendly and nice. Every night he would visit us before bed and we would pet him and cuddle. He made us feel at home.
9. No TV - there is no TV and that is GOOD! You are in Mexico, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world is footsteps from your door along with an amazing nightlife in Playa. You have no excuses to watch TV. Don't.
8. Bar Fridge and a Water Cooler in every room - that's right we had a water cooler! It was amazing. Too much Tequila no longer a problem to stay hydrated in the middle of the night.
7. Big Beach Towels - you get to borrow their amazing large beach towels and get new ones anytime you want free
6. Beach Passes - Mamitas beach club has been rated in the top 5 beaches in the world by that travel channel, they charge approx $15 a day to rent 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella with service. You get this FREE from Luna Blue every day! You also have 4 other clubs to choose from
5. American Hotel Owners - Cheri and Toni and originally from the SF bay area. They now live in Mexico which means you can be assured you will be understood, and if your from the US or Canada it is nice to be with some fellow Gringo's. They make excellent guides.
4. Mexican Charm - the hotel is cute and of an authentic local Mexican decor. The garden is quiet and relaxing.... look at the pictures!
3. Value - the prices are very reasonable and fair. You save much more staying here and eating on 5th or 10th than going to a crowded all inclusive
2. Location - right in the heart of 5th ave, the tourist stretch. A 1 mile walking street full of shops and bars. Lots of live music and entertainment
1. Strong Wi-Fi - Most hotels in Mexico have crummy Wi-Fi. I've stayed in 6 hotels in the area and talked with many other computer geeky friends and none of us have had strong Wi-Fi signal in our rooms. Oh and I'm talking 5 Stars like the Royal too - lovely property, bad Wi-Fi there, but not at Luna Blue! I'm confident they have the best in town. 5 bars full signal no matter where I went. Heck even a block over I was able to get on their Wi-Fi and make a Skype call from my iPhone. For me that made my vacation. As much as i love to get away access to email in the mornings and evenings is essential. That way I can post to Facebook, connect with friends, get my Kindle books, news, and check the occasional email from work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico