When I walk through the gates of Luna Blue a big sigh leaves my body, my shoulders drop visibly and I feel at home. I love Cheri and Tony Head, but it's the warm welcome I get from their long-time employee, Jaime, that truly make me feel that I'm home! Familiar faces make for comfort, especially for the solo-traveler.
The new pool, the new pool... oh how welcome that pool is, especially after returning from a hot day on the beach. It's perfect!
Down to the basics: cleanliness, rooms are spotless. Bathrooms are outfitted with organic shampoo, conditioners, lotions and soaps. Patios have outdoor seating perfect for picking up the wifi signal and catching up on the outside world (but who really needs that anyway).
Several beach club options are provided (I'm partial to Mamita's as the beach there is splendid).
Enjoy some cocktails at the bar with Jorge; listen to some live music. If you get hungry just walk across the street and order from La Cazuelas and they will bring the food right to you.
I've stayed elsewhere in Playa but, in all honesty, I feel most comfortable with Cheri and Tony and the Luna Blue family. They know how to bring people together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico