My boyfriend had stayed here a few years ago, hence why we stayed here together this time, and I wasn't disappointed. The hostel has so much character! It has a big common area with lots of tables, hammocks inside and out and even a big double bed to laze around in, and the whole place has a really laid back and friendly vibe. The dorm we stayed in was spacious and had full size lockers with padlocks provided and separate bathrooms for mujeres and hombres in the room.
The staff are really friendly and welcoming and the place is super clean - the staff even make your beds up every day. There is some noise at night though this doesn't come from within the hostel itself. We preferred the location, which is a couple of blocks off the noisy main strip, and only 10 mins walk from the bus station. Would definitely stay here again, I didn't want to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Playa, is a nice youth hostel in Playa del Carmen, near Cancun and Tulum. The best low budget accomodation in the Riviera Maya. Its located in the heart of Playa del Carmen near the beach and the stores of the 5th Avenue. Located just in front of the main plaza and close of everything (bus station, food market, etc). This gives the Best Value rooms with the best ambience because of the people from all over the world staying here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostel Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Playa Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hostel Playa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico