After a hectic fall, my wife and I decided we needed a little rest and relaxation. We did our research and ended up selecting the Secrets Capri to spend a 6 day vacation. I cannot express how glad I am that we chose this resort.
The staff is amazing, the food is outstanding, the resort is kept ultra clean, and everybody who works at the Secrets Capri is always gracious and eager to please you.
The breakfast buffet is awesome; crepes, omelettes, eggs any way, fruits, fish, pancakes, french toast, meats, mimosas, bloddy mary's, juices, etc. The sushi place, Himitsu, was outstanding as well. Oceana was lovely as was their food. The steakhouse had delicious steaks and terrific views, and the Taco and Ceviche bar was perfect for lunch. Portofino was our favorite restaurant, excellent Italian food.
We spent most of our time by the pool. We usually got there by 9 and stayed until 4. We did not select this resort for the beach. We live at a beach resort and appreciate great beaches, the beach at Secrets was obviously eroded and driftwood routinely washes ashore. They do spend considerable energy picking up the debris and raking the sand though.
Wait staff were amazing. Friendly and prompt. The drinks were delicious (who doesn't like margaritas made with GM?).
Our most difficult decision was where to eat each meal as the food was so good.
I would highly recommend this resort to individuals looking to relax in a quiet setting. If you want loud nightlife, this is not the place. If you want to recharge...this is it.
A heartfelt thank you to the staff of the Secrets Capri...you are all wonderful and you all ROCK!!!
My wife and I have been home for 1 day and are already discussing when we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun