We had an amazing time here! Things were pretty smooth from airport to resort. I don't recommend going for the breakfast at the sister resort but I do recommend their room service. Waking up late every morning and calling down to room service and hearing the excitement in their voice as you place your order is pretty cool. We also had a VERY special treatment by spending $30/bottle of wine for 4 of our 7 nights there. Though the all-inclusive part is fun too, by buying these bottles we were able to have 2 exclusive dinners (one being right next to the pool for the aqua show) and 2 completely private dinners. These were probably the highlight of our trip. After our aqua show dinner, the following night we had a private dinner in the wine cellar at Portofino's. Make sure you ask for Antonio, he will give you the hook up. We also met Ivan who is the restaurant manager for the resort, he set us up with our following exclusive dinner at Oceana, only 10 couples were part of this 12 course meal in which you meet and watch the chef cook your meals. At that dinner we met a waiter named May, who is very enthusiastic about Mexican wine and will give you a historical background of it. He invited us for a completely private dinner on the deck looking over the beach (for free). The chef prepared a special meal for us that was some of the best Grouper we have ever had!
Basically we would recommend this to ANYONE! Enjoy the service and the kind atmosphere. I love that they all recognized us and knew us by name at the end of the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun