We stayed here maybe 4 or 5 years ago (i forget) on accident because the resort we originally booked had major electrical and plumbing issues so they took us to Secrets for the remainder of our stay. Anyway, on that first visit my husband LOVED it, he liked that it was small and more intimate, out of the hustle and bustle of larger resorts. So we decided to stay here again this year...it was nice, but we ended up switching rooms because we a had a view of power lines, our 2nd room was able to get a little ocean breeze. Rooms were nice and clean, beds had the indentations on each side, so I slept in the middle where it was a little more level. The hotel doesnt serve dos equis :-( major sad face, LOL, but modelo was fine. The breakfast buffet was the best, lots to choose from, I loved all the fresh juices. The breakfast staff could be more friendly, a couple of times they got attitude and were snappy one guy seriously rolled his eyes when we asked for cappuccino. We've been to Mexico a lot and this is the first time we were treated so rudely! They didnt come back to refill our coffee either, so strange...but we just served ourselves in the end. The other restaurant staff were great (dinner servers). The servers on the beach were AWESOME soooooooo incredibly nice, I wish I could remember his name, he made our time there worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The beach was nice, I'm not a great swimmer so the calm waves were perfect. I loved feeding the fish fruit.
The reason I wont stay here again is there isnt that much variety, the property is really small, I like to be able to walk or bike, I like to be able to get away from the loud swim up bar, the exercise room equipment is OLD and rusty and machines dont operate properly, the activities arent that fun, the "concierge" people just wont stop harassing you, they dont have dos equis, the food could be better (the lunch buffets were gross), I just felt a little claustrophobic (except when I was on the beach).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun