Our trip consisted of my mother, sisters and I. Our age range is 80 to 49. We always have a blast together and this time was no different. With my sister having a bum knee, we opted to pick this smaller resort rather than one of the larger ones. The size of the resort was fine, but the layout of the elevators and the grand staircase wasn't too good. Just a little bit inconvenient as to where you needed to go, although we did ok.
I was wanting this to be an incredible experience since it was their first time to an all inclusive so I personally may be a bit more critical since I have others to compare it to. However, with that being said, my family loved it and we did have a wonderful time with no complaints. I normally travel with my husband and we've been trying to go to new and different all inclusives for a few years now.
The place itself is very nice. The rooms are incredible, so very clean, comfortable and large.
Our first floor rooms faced a forest/jungle so not much of a view but very private. Nice balconies off each room.
The food was just fine. We always had plenty to eat with the buffet and the restaurants were very good as well.
I wasn't totally impressed with the beach or the ocean there. The water was pretty rough and it was hard to walk around due to the sharp coral and shell. We did arrive just 2 days after the tropical storm had passed so that may have had something to do with it (my husband and I just returned in May from Jamaica and the water there was so incredible clear blue and calm, so maybe that is what I was hoping for). We managed to get about 20 minutes in the ocean and that was enough.
The pool was wonderful. Spacious and clean. Just one little mishap when I cut my toe on a seam of concrete while in the pool. When I saw that it was not wanting to stop bleeding, we went to the medical center only to find out that they did not even have bandaids. Not sure what they treat there, but if you just need something as simple as a band-aid, you might want to pack some with you.
The Spa was extremely nice. We had great pedicures and the entire atmosphere is so pretty and relaxing. Everyone working the spa was great, and we enjoyed the little ride from the resort to the Spa as well. The driver was so fun and informative.
The workers and staff at this resort are great, very friendly and accomodating. The service around the pool is incredible, they definitely take care of you.
We enjoyed the iguanas and the coati mundi that visited us daily. A lizard did get into my sisters' room and that was a bit of a funny fiasco. The workers took care of them and came to the rescue (of both the lizard and my sisters).
We really only saw one good show and that was Mexican night. Those guys are incredible and the food around the pool, the vendors and music was all so much fun. The other show was a bit lame, a comedian that wasn't too funny.
We had a favorite shop at this resort and that guy took care of us. We enjoyed stopping by and visiting with him even when we were not buying anything. He definitely has the nicer items as opposed to the gift shop.
The drive to and from the airport to this resort is quick which is really nice when you are ready to start or must end your vacation.
To sum it up, our experience was a very good one. It is what it is, a small resort that works really hard to make your stay pleasant. You don't get alot of food choices, or entertainment but we just went for a few days (June 19 - 23rd, 2013) so overall we were pleased and enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun