“Entertainment staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort St. John, Canada
“Entertainment staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our trip and stayed at the Secrets Capri Cacun Mayan Riviera.. If it were not for the entertainment team there our stay would not have been as much fun. Jonathan "Pit Bull" Raul "Kahana, victor, Stephanie, Jesus and the new Estelle were the best at their jobs I have ever, ever seen. They made our stay a blast. Thank you team.
Blair and Donna M.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,280)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Everything about this resort is excellent! With 5 restaurants, a buffet, daily beach bbq lunches, and every other night a Chef cooks for you poolside with live entertainment, you will find it hard to try everything in one week. There are interactive activites taking place all day, organized by a friendly entertainment staff. The staff rakes the beach daily to keep it seaweed/garbage free and enjoyable for everybody! Since it is a small resort it is easy to meet great people and by the end of the trip you will see familiar faces everywhere you turn! Lastly, although there are many intimate activities for couples, such as seaside romantic dinners or couples spa packages, this resort is better suited to couples who prefer having fun!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet stay, don't choose a room poolside as they are always hosting activities out...
3 Thank C9Smitty
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Secrets Capri is small than other secrets resorts we've been too and we lives it. Everything is centralized so you don't have to walk 10minutes to dinner. There were always available sun chairs and beds so no getting up early to reserve ! The staff was amazing and service was exceptional. Each night they have entertainment which was pretty good. They offer free daily kayak tours from the beach which was really fun! The spa has specials daily and hydrotherapy you can use as well - which was awesome. I would definitely go back to this resort.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jana4697
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

just now getting to my reviews.. shame shame..

this was a wonderful place to stay. the restaurant foods were good. you cant expect anything too fancy for an all-inclusive resort with this price-range. it was awesome and worth every penny.

the staff was amazing, so nice and ready to help! the bar downstairs has the best bartender! he made us countless capi roscas :)

beautiful place, nice beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SCRE-Concierge, E-Concierge at Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Greetings from Playa Del Carmen!!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Once more we can say that your words express what our effort is worth.

We keep much interest in the experiences you share through Tripadvisor.

And you also help many travelers to make better choices and enjoy their trips with a more accurate selection.

We once again thank you for your understanding on some matters and really hope that you decide to visit us again.

I would be a pleasure to assist you.

Best Regards,

Jose Luis Alvarez Espino
E-Concierge
Urbana, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Loved everything about it! I was a little nervous when we booked because of some reviews but our expectations were pleasantly exceeded in no time. I cant say enough good things, the rooms were clean, good maid service, soem days later then others but we didnt care it was always done before we were done at the pool for the day. Beach was easily accessible and clean. plenty of chairs and servers getting drinks. Kayaks and Hobby cats were included, just need to tip the guys. Pool was great, plenty of chairs, others say no but people were lobbying for umbrellas not chairs, it was fine nothing to worry about.

The food was just ok, but i feel that way at most all inclusive resorts. I wish they would expand the options at the beach restaurant but it worked out fine we dont go there to eat. The buffet for breakfast was hands down the best meal of the day for me. Rita the eggs/omelets make to order cook was so delightful in the morning. would always say "goodmorning how are you today" and leave you with "its a pleasure enjoy your day" she remembered my order and would start it when she saw me making toast. Great asset for the hotel. That goes for Pedro our server at the Hibachi steak house as well. My husband wanted sushi one night which i dont eat and i really just wanted the rice and the salad from the hibachi grill (not offered on regular table menu) and i never came out and asked for the salad but he knew i wanted it and brought it to me to my surprise with my husbands 1st course. Really appreciate the extra step to satsisfy my experience!

Oh the entertainment staff where do I start? :) They were AWESOME, they really helped make our trip even more fun. They work so hard everyday and are always smiling which is hard to do. We noticed that they really seemed to enjoy their co-workers, they had a good bond which was noticeable to us as i am sure others, which made them a better time.
Jesus bananas-hilarious! always stopping and saying hello and making us laugh (Speedyaboat already misses him. :)
Jonathan-probably one of our favorites! he was always smiling and had an infectious laugh. even if you didnt want to go shoot archery at 10am you would because he was running it! :)
Stephanie-good for her. keeping up and putting up with all those boys! shes a great add to the team. although i never joined in the salsa lessons it was always fun to watch her teach. shes very good with people for being so young! C-Ryan will now always be another nickname for my husband :)
Isay and alberto were fun as well, not a lot of interaction myself but always saw them interacting well with other guests. Thanks again all of you for helping make our trip fun! Also the shows were great, really enjoyed Elvis and the Rockband.

Service everywhere was phenominal. we loved the lunch burgers and dogs poolside and espically when they were coming around chair to chair offering fresh fruit, ice cream and guacomole and salsa. Also loved when they would come on the bridge and do the welcome and come around with food and drink samples playing music and getting everyone stirred up! touches like that mean a lot.

Orlando pool server was awesome-always around when you needed something and even when you didnt. running and working so hard to keep drinks full and smiling while doing it. Juan the bartender was great too, always kept his cool and worked hard. Suzette on the other hand should find a new location because she hardly worked at all. Juan was doing everything while she sat back and sipped water, it was pretty annoying.

Overall amazing trip for my husband and I. Thanks again for all the great service and good memories. We will return to secrets capri and highly recommened to our friends and strangers looking for somewhere to go.

5 Thank Katy N
Salina, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We so enjoyed staying at Secret Capri. We were there from May 4-10, 2013. The entertainment staff was absolutely the best. Our favorite on the entertainment staff was Stefanie Vega. She was a delight. She went above and beyond the call of duty. Always very friendly and upbeat. Made our vacation very memoriable. We also enjoyed Jonathan on the entertainment staff. He always had a smile on his face and was always getting everyone involved in the activities at the resort. We did lots of things that we might not have done if it wasn't for Jonathan. Our favorite waiter was Orlando. What a hard worker. He was always there to get us whatever we needed. We were feeling kind of low our last day and he told us to enjoy and remember your vacation is not over until your keys hits the door at home. What a true statement. I would say the down side was Oceana Restaurant the services was very slow and the food not that great. Also we were disappointed in the work out room. Several of the machines were not working.

2 Thank Joan R
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun.

We’d like to thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It is very pleasing to read such experience and we want you to know this information has been forwarded to our staff.

We hope you can soon return back with us and enjoy another great experience.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Regards,

José Luis Álvarez Espino
E-concierge
Greeley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our 1st time going to an all-inclusive resort and let me just say, this place was definitely worth it! We went May 7-12 for our 10 year anniversary. I read plenty of reviews before going and there were good ones and bad ones.

Let me first start by saying that I feel ANY vacation is what you make of it. You can have bad weather anywhere, bad food anywhere etc. So I always feel like when I'm on vacation and NOT at work, I'm going to have the best time I can. I didn't however, have to try very hard here.

HOTEL : We were looking for a smaller resort (291 rooms I believe) not one of the HUGE ones that have double or triple that. We went on a snorkeling trip one morning and a couple from a neighboring resort talked about getting lost trying to find one of the restaurants! Not what I want to do. We were greeted with champagne and cool towels. Ariel checked us in and every time we would see him in passing, he would greet us by name. We brought a copy of our marriage certificate, to prove our anniversary, and he didn't even need to see it. They brought our bags right to our room for us. Juan did a wonderful job giving us the initial "tour" of the property. He sat with us and explained everything we needed to know. We upgraded to a beach front suite (since it was our anniversary) and let me tell you, it was perfect. We were on the ground floor which enabled us to have a large patio with 2 lounge chairs, a table with 2 seats and a hammock. We simply walked out the door and walked about 20 feet to the sand. Then if the sun was too hot, we went back up on the patio or into the pool. The lounge chairs on this side of the beach do not have any cover, but that was fine with me!! We were on the left side (as you look from the lobby) which is definitely the quieter side. That side of the pool had more people just lounging and reading as opposed to the right side where the bar is. The bed and linens were very comfortable and our room was cleaned twice a day. We always had some sort of critter made from towels on our bed at night. The mini fridge was always restocked with waters. There was also soda and juices. Be careful on the marble floors if your feet are wet! It's very slippery! The sprinklers had gotten our patio wet one morning and thankfully I have good balance!

Buy sunscreen at the airport when you land. The gift shop had some, but it was so hot that by our 3rd day, all they had left was SPF 10 which really won't do a whole lot for you there. They do put SPF 15 in your room which was fine for me, but if you need stronger, be sure to get it before you get to the resort. The other toiletries included; toothpaste and toothbrush, sewing kit, shampoo and conditioner, shower cap, shoe shine packet, a disposable razor and body lotion.

BEACH : The beach was nice. Not super big, but plenty of room that you didn't feel like you didn't have "space". The sea grass is everywhere! I saw a man complaining about it, but if you walk up and down the beach, it's at all the resorts. And they are out starting around 6 AM to start raking it up. It's a never ending job. The water is somewhat clear, but I'm not sure that you'd see much if you snorkeled. I did see people out there doing that though. It was wonderful to get in and cool off and not be pounded by huge waves.

FOOD : We are early eaters and arrived by 6/6:30 for dinner and never had to wait for a table. I could see by 7 or so, they started handing pagers out to people. You can go for a walk, have a drink etc. You don't have to stand around the restaurant. But if you're going to a a show, you probably want to get their early. We ate dinner at Himitsu, Oceana and Portofino. All were good, Himitsu being our favorite. There was a sushi demo one afternoon and we learned useful tips from Veronica the sushi maker. We had lunches at Seaside Grill, Cactus Club and on the beach as well. We had breakfast at the buffet 2 mornings and at the Cactus Club 2 mornings. The other morning we had breakfast in bed as part of our anniversary package. The buffet, in my opinion, was just an average buffet. Nothing exciting. We did not eat any dinners there. The Cactus Club was good for breakfast, lunch or snacks. But beware of the birds!! We saw them swipe everything from sugar packets to pastries right off the table! The staff does there best to shoe them away, but when you have people feeding them at the next table, it's kind of hard to break their habit. The Coco cafe was nice too for a coffee drink or treat. We also did a romantic dinner on the beach on the night of our anniversary. It was very nice. Mateo, our waiter was wonderful! Not only did he give great service with our meal, he also took my camera and proceeded to take about 20 pictures of us! Down by the water, under the coconut tree, at the table etc. It was a really nice surprise! The pool bar was always busy and we got a few drinks there. My husband enjoyed the Mexican Iceberg (beer with frozen margarita on top) and I liked the Sexy Frog. We did not have any issues with our bellies as some other people have mentioned. I did bring my own cup with straw, but never used it. I think it's all very personal. If your "system" is good, you probably won't have any issues. Then again, we aren't big drinkers so I'm sure I didn't encounter as many glasses as some people did. I mainly stuck to the bottled water and carried it with me even to dinner some times.

STAFF : Everyone we encountered had a hola or buenos dias for you. Eliseo would make sure to check on us while we were on the beach, and even came up to our patio to bring drinks and food. He was awesome. The entertainment staff was very energetic! They would always cycle around and tell you what was going to be happening. Also, be sure to read the list of daily activities that gets left at turn down service. It has a lot of information on it. There are so many more people who waited on us, but I just can't remember all their names! We didn't go to any of the shows, but I heard they were very good.

Overall, I would say this was one of the best trips we've taken. If you are looking to relax and have the option of some activities, then this is a great place. The resort was beautiful and the people were amazing. We will most definitely be returning there again someday. I can't wait!!

Room Tip: Ground floor ocean front rooms on left side (looking from lobby) are quieter.
5 Thank Jenn K
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor audience. It helps us to be on their list for a romantic and wonderful place to stay in the Riviera.

It is gratifying to read such nice moments you spent here. Our staff enjoys and lives up to what we offer and that is helping make memories that last for years to come.

Glad you enjoyed your meals and the activities with entertainment. On behalf of everyone at Capri we welcome you back in the near future and hope to exceed your expectations one more time.

If you need further assistance please contact me directly.

Best Regards,

E-Concierge
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#56 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,695 reviews
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#47 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#4 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,162 reviews

Been to Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!