This was my wife's and I first trip to an all inclusive resort. We have been on several cruises and loved them. Honestly, we were prepared to be disappointed after our great cruise experiences. However, it was just the opposite.
The overall resort was very nice. Clean lobby and welcoming front desk staff. They assigned us a concierage type employee and he gave us an overview of the hotel. The rooms were very nice and comfortable and the housekeeping staff was there to meet your every need.
We were there over New Years and the bash they threw was so much fun. It started with a quiet, piano/saxophone buffet dinner around the pool with several entertainment acts scattered throughout. The night ended with a party on the beach complete with fireworks.
The wait staff in the restaurants and bars is absolutely top notch. They are all so friendly and fun. Get to know and interact with them. It makes it so much more fun. One night we had dinner in the Himitsu Restaurant. For some reason they don't serve bread with their meals. When she asked for bread, the waiter went to another restaurant and got it. Thanks Pedro! In the Seaside Grill one night, she wanted Ranch dressing for her salad. They didn't have it but the waiter went to another restaurant to get it. Thanks Francisco --- who by the way is alot of fun! Other outstanding servers were Genaro in Portofino, Edgar in La Riveria and Oscar in Oceana. We ate in every restaurant and enjoyed them all. Top notch!
The pool area is spectacular with a swim up bar and servers to bring you food, drinks, dry towels, whatever you want. We were disappointed in the beach --- it is in bad shape and in our opinion, not usable except to sit on a chair in the sand. It was badly damaged due to several severe storms and you can see where trees were snapped off. Hopefully by the time we return, the beach will be restored to the beauty you see on the resorts website. It is actually sad in a way that such damage was done.
Entertainment staff ---- SUBURB!!! Our advice, get to know them and interact with them. They work so, so hard and they always have their energy level at "10." They want to have fun with the guests. We participated in many of the activities during the day. The nightly entertainment was of a high caliber. We went to the show each night -- some we liked better than others and some we would want to see again. Thanks to Jesus, Alberto, Humberto, Raul and Ricardo for a fun week. You guys rock!
Tipping-- although not required, we would encourage it. Not because you get better service -- we never tipped until the end of our meal. The waiter didn't know we were tippers and we still got great service. But, this staff works really, really hard and appreciate any show of gratitude to them.
Overall, we thoroughly loved our week at Secrets Capri. We are looking forward to our next visit --- we will return for sure.
Gracias Secrets Capri
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun