“Don't hesitate to go to this place called heaven”

Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
Ranked #39 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Well we just got back was there for 12 days and it felt like 2 days the time went to fast. This is our second time here and it will not be our last. I can't say enough about this place top top notch. The staff are the best,they never stop trying to please you.They are always smiling and want to assist you in any way. Neo from the pool serving drinks hes the best always making sure your ok and his manners are the best.He's so caring that we are having fun and enjoying ourself he's unbelievable my hat goes off to him. The entertainment people they are the best,Mariana,Sophie,Enberto.and papa.I tell you ive traveled a lot and iv'e never seen people like them so spunky and a live. They are always getting people up and going on the games and events,and there always smiling and want to help in any way. There wasn't a day they didn't make us laugh,thank you ladies and gents for all the fun games and events.This resort is so clean we have not got one single complaint the only one is we had to leave.The food WELL all i can say is the best in every meal.Steakhouse,Italian our favourite,even beakfast we could'nt believe and lunches my god Fantasic. If someone complains about this beautiful resort and there FANTASIC STAFF then there just one of those people that just have to complain never satisfied. Mr Paine you should be very proud of your staff and your resort.We will be back every year. Thank you to all staff and Mariana,Sophie,Enberto,and Papa thank you for all you didnt making our stay Fantasic. Neo thank you for everything you did for us your the best.

Room Tip: Room 120 last unit at the end right on the ocean very very nice and romantic.Quite and beautiful vie...
There are newer reviews for Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at this resort. From the minute we arrived to when we left we felt totally pampered. The staff were all amazing and nothing was too much trouble for them. Lots of little extra touches made a big difference. The gazebos around the pool were free for anyone to use (something which other hotels we have been to charge a lot for!)and a lovely gent brought around fruit kebabs and ice cream to your sunbed!!
we thought the food was brill and never queued once.The maid kept our lovely room clean and tidy and turn down at night was good too.Barmen around the pool were very attentive and kept us hydrated!! Entertainment was good and the guys and girls worked very hard to keep everyone happy.Overall one of the best holidays we have ever had.

Room Tip: We had room 314 and never heard any noise. Looked out onto mangroves and we were able to watch the a...
2  Thank boxchat
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The resort is very nice, not 5 star, but you get what you pay for. If you want quiet don't go here, it seems to be a party place, especially at the pool bar. Food and drinks are fair, service is good. I like the Hacienda feel to the resort. Room was nice, but we were upgraded, not sure what the average rooms are like. Overall I'd say it was a good experience, but I would probably try another resort next time.

2  Thank soosyrado
Reviewed November 15, 2012

we just came from our 3rd visit to the Capri. it was an easy decision to go there as we were there before and liked it a lot. we got an excellent 7 nights deal thru bookit and couldn't resist. great weather, hotel services, food... just beautiful... a few minor problems: the beach was getting narrow, sand was getting washed out and lots of stones and clay appeared (clay wasn't cool as it made the water looked like our CT beaches - dirty). another "problem" - I requested a Corona light in my room but got Corona Extra... However, I would like to have this kind of mistakes all my life... They do pay attention to details - great night entertainment, top notch alcohol, excellent food... we will back!

Room Tip: take an upper floor
3  Thank andrei1086
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We booked our honeymoon at Secrets Capri Riveria Cancun Adult All-inclusive resort. They treated us and all their guests with top-notch service. The hotel was beautiful and the food was outstanding. We worked with Olympus Tours in the lobby for a variety of day trips to Tulum, cave snorkling, zip lining, swimming with the dolphins and manatees and reef snorkling trips. Milosh of Olympus Tours was very patient and helpful and honest with us in our choices. We were very happy and glad we booked each one. We had a problem at Dolphin Discovery and did not get our photographs before leaving the premises. Milosh tried his best to get our photos before leaving Mexico, but it didn't happen. Once home in Ohio we used the email address and contact person he gave us and we finally have all 95 pictures taken of us by the professional photographer. Priceless. We enjoyed many of the Secrets Capri employees, Niger, Angel, Jose to name a few. They always had a smile and were ready to assist us. Thank you Secrets Capri for giving us so many memories of our honeymoon. We made the right choice and Cheap Carribean website and customer service did a great job helping us decide where to spend our honeymoon.

Room Tip: We asked for a top floor for a good view of the ocean. It is worth the extra cost to face the ocean...
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The staff were Fantastic,thanks ro Carlos my #1 beach waiter, to Sofia whos smile and happy go lucky attitude around the volly ball games kept you laughing. Victor our best breakfast waiter gave remarkable sevice with the help of the Beautful hosstes Fabiola. Marcos Colorado set us up with some GREAT sightseeing adventures, the Mayan ruins were unforgetable!! The rooms were always spotless and if there was a problem it was taken care of right away.my wife and i will recomend Secrets to all our family and friends. we will be going back as often as possible. THANKS from the GREAT WHITE NORTH. Rick and Pat White British Columbia Canada.

2  Thank PatRickBC_12
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just returned from an eight day stay ( 11/7/-11/14 ) at Secrets Capri and was really disappointed with the resort. First let me say this was our second stay at Capri and our first trip there was great

We booked the trip through Orbitz and as usual with Orbitz there were no problems . There were twelve of us who traveled together to Capri .We were the only couple who had visited there before. Check in was a little disappointing all of us were assigned room with two double beds , one couple was assigned a handicap accessible room. We were told that the resort was at 95% capacity. I have been to 32 AI resorts and I think I can tell when a resort is at 95% and it sure didn't appear to be at 95% but hey we all went to our rooms. Our room was extremely date , there was a huge hole in the ceiling ( at least 18 inches long ) , the room safe didn't work and the television also wouldn't work . I could have lived with all that but when we tried to use the shower and there was no hot water I started to get concerned. The next morning we tried the shower again and again no hot water .I mentioned this to the front desk who told me they would look into it. I asked if there were any other rooms I could relocate to and was told they were full , o.k no problem we started our day. That evening after hanging out by the pool all day we tried to take a shower again and again no hot water . I am now losing my patients so I go to the front desk again and got the same response I got in the morning , we will have someone look at it . This was at 5:30 p.m . Someone did show up and ran the faucet in the bathroom and told me that the problem was not in the room ( no kidding !! ) and said he would get back to us. At 7:30 p.m and not hearing anything about the hot water situation I returned to the front desk again I started to get the runaround which I put a stop to right away . I told the person there that this was what I was going to do - In the morning I would try to shower again and if there still was no hot water I will show up at the front desk naked and stand there until I got a room where the hot water worked. I returned to my room. 10 minutes later there was a knock on my door and a man named Jose Louis from the front desk was standing there with the same utility worker that ran our faucet earlier. Jose Louis explained to me that the hotel had just installed a new hot water system and the south side of the resort was having trouble . My response was then why didn't someone just tell me that instead of giving me the runaround. I showed him the ceiling and he apologized. The next day the ceiling was fixed. Jose Louis also told me that in the morning we would have hot water. The next morning we did indeed have hot water . This hot water problem was not isolated to our room , I talked to several people on the south side of the resort who had the same problem. One guy was in the honeymoon suite who went three days without hot water he was madder than I was. O.K. I have rambled enough about this.

The room itself was always kept clean and tidy the housekeeping staff does a great job but the resort itself is dated and tired looking and needs a facelift. We were on the bottom floor which is never my first choice. The problem at Capri is the Coatis ( they look like a raccoon ) they are everywhere and the guest feed them so when we tried to use our balcony in the morning these raccoons actually would jump right up on the balcony so using the balcony was not possible. For God sakes stop feeding these animals they are wild animals!

We love the size and layout of Capri , it is a small resort 290 rooms and the pool is centrally located. Getting around is easy and finding everything Capri has to offer is easy. Which there was a bathroom on both sides of the pool area. Pool service is great , that includes all bartenders and wait staff , Lucerna and Efron were great, thanks so much. Also can't say enough about the entertainment staff , Mariana , Sophie , Jesus , Santiago all go above and beyond to make sure everyone is having a good time.

I am a big fan of the Secrets brand and was not disappointed with the food at Capri . We ate at all the restaurants , really loved Portifino and Hitmatsu , although I do have an issue with the service we had at Portifino. I understand seating twelve for dinner is a problem but at Portifino they have a separate room which can accommodate twelve. The first night we ate there they sat all twelve of us in that room. The second night I showed up there early to give them a heads up that there was twelve of us. I was happy to see no one in that big room where we a prior. I was told it was at least an hour wait. No problem we would have a drink in the lobby bar. After an hour I checked in again , manager took me aside and told me that there is a charge to use the room we had used before. Why didn't he tell me this an hour ago when I first showed up? Was he just scamming me for money?? I just said no problem just seat us any way that was convenient for them. Which they did , they just split us up. Like I said I knew seating twelve for dinner would be a problem but to try any make money on me was just unacceptable to me. The service was also terrible at our table this night , the food was great. Being a fan of Secrets and of Capri from our first visit there I was real disappointed with the service received in most of the dinning choices we ate at.

I can see that I am having trouble accurately describing the troubles we had at Capri but I can say the I will not return to Capri and could not recommend this resort.

5  Thank lisaBerwickMaine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Magic Blue Hotel
Magic Blue Hotel
#52 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#40 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
#6 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Barcelo Maya Caribe
Barcelo Maya Caribe
#12 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!