Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
$227
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$331
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$423
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$753
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
10,611 results
All reviewscactus clubseaside grilldesires barentertainment stafffloor conciergetropical viewour honeymoonpool barhydrotherapy circuitcoco cafesmaller resortromantic dinner on the beachother resortsmy pleasureitalian restaurantall inclusive resortturn down service
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Fantastic resort: great friendly service, large variety of food with 5 very nice restaurants, good range of drinks (lots of expensive brand spirits), great entertainment staff and fun daytime activities eg water volleyball and tequila tasting. It's got great variety, and the staff help you to really relax - they couldn't do more for you. It's also right on the beach. Only things worth mentioning as potential downsides (or upsides depending on your perspective) is that entertainment ends at 11pm - perhaps too early - and it is a resort for honeymooners - pretty much everyone we met was just married or on anniversary! Great resort though.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank H1099
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I can't say enough positive about Secrets Capri. My wife and I honeymooned there last year and returned last week for our first anniversary. I'll be brief with the details that so many other fine reviewers have mentioned (cool towel / champagne greeting, twice-daily room attention, stocked fridge, spacious rooms, new beach cabanas, full daily activity schedule, etc). Instead, I'd like to focus my review on the tremendous staff of Secrets Capri.

Whenever you ask ANY staff member for ANYTHING - a drink from a bartender, a shampoo refill from the room attendant, the time of the next Texas Holdem game from the entertainment staff, the dress code at the upscale Italian restaurant from the maître d’, you always receive a "my pleasure" at the end of their response. The difference at Secrets Capri is that the staff truly buys into their service mentality and it really does seem to be their pleasure to help you with anything they can.

We particularly enjoyed Eliseo's and Orlando's food and beverage service in the beach and pool areas [they would often literally RUN to get refills and snacks], Alejandra (Alex)'s activities leadership and insight into local day (and night) life [for someone who claimed to be a novice poker dealer, Alex proceeded to deal one of the most entertaining tournaments I've ever played in], Samuel's wait service at Oceana restaurant [custom chocolate message in our dessert acknowledging our anniversary], and Lucero's beverage service at Desires night club [she claims my Spanish improves as I imbibe throughout the evening, lol].

The rest of the staff was superb as well. I don't recall the name of our photographer, but we enjoyed the "complimentary photo session" with a nice young woman who knew her way around her camera. I am a photographer in my spare time, and I appreciated the quality of her work (properly exposed, polarized, shadows managed, poses that straightened out wrinkles, etc).

I could go on and on, but I'll stop. If you're looking for a wonderful time to enjoy your significant other's company in a myriad ways, we cannot recommend Secrets Capri highly enough.

Room Tip: The upper floor has several different room "depths". Try to get a deeper one if possible.
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Approximately 45 minutes from airport. Check -in took about 10 minutes. Our room wasn't yet ready as we arrived around 1:00. We grabbed lunch at the buffet (Riviera), then we spent some time in the lounge using the free WiFi. Around 2:30 our room was ready and the bellboy brought our luggage to our room promptly. Our room was Beautiful, nice & comfy king size bed and a beautiful bathroom. Our room faced the pool and had a very nice balcony to enjoy my morning and night coffee. You can have room service which is available 24/7 delivered and enjoy a meal out there as well.
Restaurants....we liked the Italian the best for dinner. For lunch we loved the Cactus Grille which is beachfront. Beautiful view and Amazing food! We are appetizer kind of people so we love sharing a few small plates. The Himitsu Restaurant was pretty good too..if you want the Hibachi Grill then you do need to reserve this with your concierge, which was very easy.
Bars...Top grade liquor...drinks were very good, especially the martini's. We are big coffee drinkers so that's our little complaint. Would like each bar to have a cappuccino maker.
Entertainment..we saw a few shows and they were put on very well. Our favorite was the break dancing show, these guys were all great.
Pool & Beach..pool was large and had floats in which I loved! So relaxing floating around the pool. The tile is VERY slippery so do walk on the rubber mat and hold onto the railing when getting in. The beach was Beautiful and clean! When seaweed washed up it was quickly raked and removed. There are a few water activities to do too if interested.
We went into Playa Del Carmen a few times to shop and just eat at different little cafe's for a change of scene. It was $20 each way by cab.
All in all we had a Amazing 1 week at Secrets Capri and I would Definately return.
My favorite part.. Adults Only! <3

Room Tip: We had room 262 wich was on the second level and faced the pool. The resort is on e smaller side so I don't think you could get a bad location.
7  Thank NewJerseyMexicoLover
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We just got back from Secrets Capri Riviera and we absolutely loved it! After some of the reviews I had read, I was not expecting it to be as nice as it turned out to be. The rooms were beautiful, elegant and spotlessly clean. When I let them know that the in room coffee maker and i pod docking station weren't working, they replaced both immediately. We had a tropical view but it actually had a view of the ocean. The patio was a little small and didn't have chaise lounges ( just 2 really uncomfortable chairs) so next time I'd get an ocean view if it had chaise lounges on the patio. I was worried about the privacy issue in the bathroom since so many reviewers had mentioned this but it turned out to be perfectly fine and there is plenty of privacy. The food was very very good. We loved the seafood restaurant and the Cactus Club. They are both right there on the beach. We did the Chichen Itza tour and it was a LONG day (11 hours total) but worth it! The Amstar tour guide was excellent and they served drinks and snacks on the bus ride to Chichen Itza and they show a movie on the way home. All in all it was a beautiful vacation and we would highly recommend Secrets!

3  Thank Heidi H
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Went Golfing for a friend's bachelor party. Food was amazing, service was prompt and the alcohol was free flowing.

the only downside was that it was all couples. If you're there with a significant other and plan on only staying at the resort then I would give it 5 stars. If you're with friends and want to go out, then go somewhere else.

Rooms give off a wet wood smell that gets on your clothes. Was hoping for an upgrade because of I the preferred club membership but they did not honour it at that location

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends