We are back home in Denver now, cold weather and all. My husband and I had a wonderful week-long vacation in Playa del Carmen at Playa Maya. I found the hotel on tripadvisor and read all the reviews. Our room was on the top floor, had amazing views and was very clean! I liked the bathrooms a lot - they had pretty tile, updated shower and granite sink and the sounds of the surf came thru the window. Our small refrigerator served our needs and the complimentary beer on the first day and water everyday was very thoughtful. We became attached to all of the staff. They're the best! Loved the big breakfasts on the beach and couldn't find a reason to leave for lunch. The lunches were awesome! We loved the chicken nachos and fish tacos (split between the two of us) and the pico de gallo was the best we've had. Drinks were large and cold. A real treat. The only downside is they don't serve dinner, so we had to walk a few blocks into town for that. :) We loved the location, price, cleanliness, service and will definitely come back. Next time we will bring our teenagers! Warning - it is really hard to leave Playa Maya...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico