We completely and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this lovely property and hope to come back on our next trip to PDC. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Playa Maya to anyone. The room was perfect and we couldn't believe how beautiful the view was from our unexpectedly upgraded room, absolutely amazing!
Our vacation was everything we had hoped for and more. Playa Maya’s staff were friendly and accommodating, always handy when we needed something but never hovering or intrusive. The property itself is very charming, and one of the most well kept and cleanest hotels we've seen in a long time. The included breakfast was more than continental; I’d say it was a full breakfast with juice, coffee and choice of entrée. Food at the restaurant on the beach is terrific…coconut shrimp are a must try! After breakfast most mornings we simply walked the 10 short steps to the beach chairs and umbrella set up by the staff for us. The beach in front of the hotel is beautiful. I cannot honestly think of anything negative to comment on at except we thought it would be nice if the bar area were open in the late evening, as he would have enjoyed a quiet drink there once in a while rather than venturing up to Fifth Avenue.
As for activities, we did absolutely nothing on this trip...it was perfect! We've been to the area several times in the past and have done plenty of tours and such...this trip was for relaxation and I have to say it was a very successful trip thanks to Playa Maya! Our biggest excursion was a walk to El Fagon for tacos one day, very good by the way. We also tried Babe's Noodle Bar and, while the frozen drinks were very good, we did not enjoy the food at all. We had dinner one night at 100% Natural where the food was good but service a bit slow. I have a feeling our food was ready but not served promptly as it was not hot when it arrived. Mosquitos were plentiful in the garden area at 100% Natural especially since we went after dark and after there had been some rain. Certainly can't fault the restaurant for that, just mentioning because and we were sorry we hadn't brought insect repellent. Our favorite restaurant, as usual, is Carboncitos. We have always enjoyed the food there and the dining room has A/C..a definite plus in August!
This was definitely one of the most pleasant relaxing vacations we've enjoyed in a long time. I'm sure we'll be thinking of those days quite often when the cold winds are blowing and the snow starts falling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico