Just back home one week after a 9th stay at Playa Maya, another 3 week one, and it's becoming hard to believe the experience can keep getting better every year. But, it does. The beach was excellent this year, full and wide driven by favourable winds and waves.
The service is legendary, delivered by a staff that must have one of the lowest turnover rates in Playa del Carmen. From housekeeping to beach food/beverage service to storing a cake in the restaurant fridge for us in advance of a house party to packaging up two watercolours we bought for transport home, they can handle anything with excellence.
The weather was a bit cool this year, but there was no hint of any "poo beach" smell at any time in late February/early March. The one or two days some seaweed washed in overnight, it was promptly cleaned up each morning.
Playa Maya should be rated # 1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico