We spent 5 nights in the Deluxe Balcony room on the 3rd floor. This hotel was exactly what we were looking for. It's right on the beach, so you have to enter from the sand. It's a block off the main strip so you won't hear any of the noise from the street at night. All we heard each night was the gentle pounding of the surf. Our room had a TV with enough English language channels to keep us entertained before bed, and a DVD player. We had a fridge with complimentary beer, soda and water. Each day we returned to an impressive towel decoration on our bed. The free breakfast was great--pancakes, waffles or eggs(and not the rubbery, assembly line type you get in the US chains, but made to order). We loved eating right on the beach with our toes in the powdery sand. The staff was extremely friendly--always greeting us with "Hola, como estas?" The hotel is in a perfect location. It's within walking distance to the Cozumel ferry, a block off the main strip and right on the beach. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico