We stayed for 2 weeks at Playa Maya in a top floor room with balcony and sea view. It really suited our needs for pure relaxation, being right on the beach and so close to so many bars and restaurants.
The staff were very efficient and courteous, be it serving breakfast, putting out sun-loungers or cleaning the room (with much-pictured towel animals!). The room itself was clean, with a big comfy bed and good air-con, with fridge provided and unlimited drinking water on tap.
Main room for improvement would be to upgrade the internet and tv - internet was very unreliable and slow at best, while the tv lacked for english-language channels among the 80+ available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico