My wife and I, along with our daughter and her husband just returned yesterday from a week long stay at Playa Maya. To begin with, the entire booking process, and personal emails from manager Stephen Ryberg, was excellent. We had a small mixup with our reservations regarding rooms, but Stephen made it right for us and all turned out well. The staff of Playa were outstanding and the rooms (we had room 301) were kept spotless. We unfortunately had our room air conditioner die the second day of our stay and the hotel had it replaced on the same day. Our included morning breakfasts were outstanding and my wife and I ate lunch 5 of the 7 days at Playa and found the meals to be a good value and very filling. As is often mentioned here, the fish tacos and coconut shrimp were excellent, but I think my favorite was their caribbean fish plate. The weather during our week was nice for the most part, with spotty rain in the evenings and a persistent wind on the beach which admittedly wore us down by weeks' end. My only complaint (almost embarrassed to admit) was that the pillows were lumpy (although with 5 on the king sized bed I found one that was acceptable). I can recommend Playa Maya and would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico