We loved our stay at Playa Maya. This is a hotel where people care about their jobs and strive to do well. And they are wonderful. Let me share some additional information.
This is a quaint hotel located in the middle of the beach between the gran Porto all inclusive, and the pier. There is a very small pool, but if you are a "pool person" do not come here. This is a hotel for beach travelers.
The rooms are very clean, a small refrigerator, safe, closet, shower, tv, view. Large and comfy beds.
There are two bars a couple of doors down on either side so if a light sleeper you may hear some noise. I did, but it wasn't a problem and there were many older travelers here so it's not a nightclub atmosphere just on saturday night you may hear something. More like really mellow, to each their own, be polite and not a big party type. We met great people.
Food is excellent too many great restaurants around, but I recommend ceviche, guacamole, grouper fresh fish filet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico