I just got home yesterday after spending 6 days at the Grand Coco Bay! Coming home was bittersweet. This hotel is so perfect for a quiet get-a-away, relaxation and a dose of fun!
The food was excellent; home made guacamole, pizza, salsa, etc at the snack bar, excellent buffet choices and a neat fine dining experience. The food at all the of the restaurants was always fresh - and as you ate/when you were done the waitstaff were right behind you cleaning; never a dirty dish in sight.
Juan Carlos at Lomas travel is fantastic - he went through a bunch of travel options for day trips and helped us select the one that suited us best. We went snorkling at Xel-ha, followed by a guided tour of Tulum - well worth the day trip!
The entertainment staff was fantastic - we saw a Michael Jackson Show, an Native Aztec Show, they had casino night and we watch a Las Vegas Show... all were fantastic - the staff were amazing (Carlos, Arturo, Lalo, Joshua and Hector)
Shopping is fantastic, you're minutes from 5th Avenue and all its vendors, restaurants, etc... and for only $5 US you can take a taxi practically anywhere in Playa Del Carmen (we went to the Walmart and friends to the Mega). We purchased jewellery from the Jewellery store on site and they were perfect at finding the right item at the right price!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST- is our fave bartender GILBERTO! He works at the pool bar - he is fun, knowledgable and just a plain great guys - he makes FANTASTIC margaritas and coco locos! He made my vacation even better by being able to visit with him each day!
While my trip was only 6 days - I would definitely go back and for longer next time - I really enjoyed being there and the service we received. At first our safe and TV weren't working well, we called the front desk and within 15 minutes both were fixed without further issue. We never had to fight for a chair at the pool or ocean - you could move freely between both - During our trip we met a great bunch of people from Alberta, BC, Quebec and Michigan!
I would definitely recommend this resort for anyone - friends, families, singles, kids - all the like!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, The Reef Cococbeach is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life's the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen's famous 5th avenue, Playacar's Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum and much, much more.The hotel offers 196 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of one king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini fridge, TV,hair dryer, vanity mirror, telephone and bath room with bahttub and shower combination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico