My husband and I stayed at the Reef from Mar 1 - Mar 11, 2014. We were picked up at the airport by Canada Transfer, with our cold beverages waiting and being the only ones on the shuttle were quckly wisked to our hotel which took about 40 mins.
Right from the time we entered the hotel, we were treated very well and David at the desk showed us up to our room. He was genuinely a happy and courteous young man and he made us feel right at home.
We were quite pleased with the weather as we had not been to Playa before and to swim in the ocean every day was a real treat as I had not realized the water would be so warm.
The staff around the Reef are constantly busy scrubbing or painting or fixing something and keep it neat as a pin. They are all pleasant and polite and always willing to keep everyone happy.
The food at the Miramar is very good and there is alot to choose from. Some things may be repetitive, but for the most part, there is always alot of everything and one can never go hungry.
Our room was comfortable and we were on the second floor 2306, with a hottub on the deck for use of several rooms that were on that floor. We only used it once when it bucketed rain 1 day. The only thing I will mention which was a negative was about the Wifi which you have to pay extra for. I don't know of any other place we stayed in where had to pay extra. And you had to keep re-signing in with your code several times a day, because it kept bumping you out. If enough people mention this, maybe it will be changed.
We loved that it was so close to 5th Avenue, as we went there alot, so much to see and we did not see it all.
We really loved the beach and white sand and you can walk for miles if you want to.
Kudos to Kevin in the lobby for the nightly special coffees. He always did a good job and always had a smile on his face.
If anyone is worried about security, this is in full force at the Reef, there is always someone at the gate stopping the taxis going in and out. We felt very safe the whole time there. There is also severy security guards posted around in the eve by the beach and restaurants as well.
All in all, we had a very nice stay at the Reef, so don't go believing all the negative reviews you hear about the room and the food and the people who work there.
Some people just like to complain about everything. We will definately come back.
Thanks, Reef Coco Beach, hope to see you again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, The Reef Cococbeach is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life's the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen's famous 5th avenue, Playacar's Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum and much, much more.The hotel offers 196 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of one king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini fridge, TV,hair dryer, vanity mirror, telephone and bath room with bahttub and shower combination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico