The VIP Treatment - Treated like royalty
First off we have been to the Reef Coco Beach many times and it just gets better and better with each trip. We have brought our son and his wife a few times and last summer our oldest daughter and her family joined us. The youngest daughter been a several times also.
The front desk staff is just tremendous!! Alfonso and Zoila we talked with daily, Manual and Alermo in the evenings. They are very helpful to all the guests with any questions they would have. It’s always nice to see people who really like their jobs.
Rafael is a kind and generous manager.
Need to get around town? Ask Victor or David the bellboys. They can tell you the hot spots and get you a cab if you don’t want to walk.
The buffet is your normal buffet. There are enough choices that you shouldn’t leave hungry. I must say breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Made to order omelets, fresh beans, and fruit and I am set. It’s by far more choices then my table at any meal at home has!!! Makes me hungry.
The restaurants upstairs are delicious also. Just need to dress accordingly. Samuel and Miguel will take excellent care of you. The wait staff is always running the whole night.
Bartenders sure can make you a drink!! We are from the “mile high city” and yes the drinks can get you a bit tipsy. I have read people think they are watered down… I wish that had been the case one morning when my head was hurting. Ha ha
Edwardo is excellent at refilling drinks around the pool. Makes me wonder how many steps he takes in a day.
All the hotel staff is busting their butt to make your stay the best they can. We have stayed at a 5 star before. So we do have the experience of high rating hotels. We go on vacations to rest, visit with friends and make new friends. We leave this resort with a new friend or two each time. My opinion is the Reef Coco Beach is top notch!!
We will continue to return!!! This is MY 5 star resort!!
See you all in 200 days with the kids and grandkids!! Save us a room!!!
P.S. remember to tip all the servers. They really do appreciate it. : )
Thank You Rafael and Alfonso!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, The Reef Cococbeach is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life's the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen's famous 5th avenue, Playacar's Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum and much, much more.The hotel offers 196 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of one king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini fridge, TV,hair dryer, vanity mirror, telephone and bath room with bahttub and shower combination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico