I have stayed at the Reef Of Coco Beach 4 times personally. So when my mother had to do business in playa del carmen to buy potential property i Knew the best place to refer her to while doing business. Listen if i didnt think it was appropriate to have my mother stay there, believe you me....I wouldnt.
My mother Has never been to mexico...she was traveling alone....everything about this hotel was wonderful. She came back beaming, she loved the entertainment, she grounds were clean, they were flexiable with room availabilty, the rooms were cool, the staff friendly and always helpful. She couldnt have asked for me. SHE has traveled to many places and she came back with NOT ONE NEGATIVE response regarding this hotel. And that is the reason why i told her about this hotel everything she experience with this hotel is what i experienced.
Everytime I have stayed here the hotel it was amazing, Im not looking for A HUGE Resort, I like the smaller feel, Close to everything. I have 2 favorite places that I love to visit and shop...I NEW York city, and the second is 5th ave in playa del carmen.Literally the hotel is max only 4 blocks away, its a great walk, but if you didnt want to walk the cab fare is only 3 american dollars. The pool is great, never over crowded, you WILL find a place to lounge. They have a swim up bar, a snack bar all of which are very close to the pool. The rooms are comfortable if you plan on going to playa del carmen, and intend on staying entertained in your room 24/7..then you would complain but if you are active the room is perfect. I slept great when there, the beds are comfortable, the tv is good, the air condition works great... it can get pretty chilly in the room. My favorite room is the rooms with access to the private jacuzzi on the 3rd floor by the mexican and italian speciality resturants. The only set back is that the Jacuzzi doesnt get hot, and not all the jets work...but i can look past that. The Buffet is good, Eveynight they have a different "themed" Nights so your taste buds are more than satisfied. While staying at this resort i dont think i have eaten or drank more in my life. Mexican Pizza they make at the snack bar i couldnt eat 2 or 3 miniture pizzas a day, Not cute if you have to be in a swimsuit. ;). The Beach is Nice, white sand, lots of chairs, volleyball and other activities...its a mid-size beach not overally large and not tiny. the ocean DO have boats that are docked nearby, but there is more than enough space for those who want to swim in the ocean. Those Reviews that are complaining about the boats that are docked nearby are clearly trying to find something negative to say...Its not that way at all..Both myself and my mother felt safe at the hotel, they have security guarded entrance to the resort, have guards on the beach in the middle of the night, and literally at everytime of day and night there is staff everywhere. The staff is very professional and always willing to help....the piece that makes me love this hotel is that EVERYONE IS EAGER TO PLEASE, they always have a smile on their face, and that speaks volumes about this hotel. Betty at the spa is literally one of the sweetest people. The grounds were clean, well maintained....I dont have any complaints and I assure ALL OF you reading this review, you will enjoy this hotel if you plan on enjoying playa del carmen as a whole.. 5th ave, cozumel, tons of activities dolphenius, snorkling ect....even if you need relaxation you will find it at Grand Coco Bay... I Will BE BACK FOR my 5th stay at Grand Coco Bay IN May 2014: And I cant Wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, The Reef Cococbeach is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life's the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen's famous 5th avenue, Playacar's Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum and much, much more.The hotel offers 196 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of one king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini fridge, TV,hair dryer, vanity mirror, telephone and bath room with bahttub and shower combination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico