Coco Bay is my home.
Arrived on Tuesday Dec. 4, we were surprised to see the added security at the entrance to the resort. With the additional security we felt we were guaranteed to have a safer carefree vacation.
We received a wonderful welcome, warm hugs, handshakes and a glass of champagne from our friends at the front desk. It was like visiting a personal relative.
Alfonso and Zoila quickly checked us in gave us our room keys, towel cards and restaurant reservation slips. While we were checking in, we had a chance to meet Rafeal, the general manager. What a nice addition to Coco Bay.
Victor escorted us to our room, explained the remote control operation, the refrigerator beer and soda schedule. Our room was on the ground floor, which allowed direct access to the pool, hot tubs and the buffet restaurant. The buffet restaurant was directly across the pool.
We settled into our room and headed to the buffet restaurant to eat lunch.
Upon entering the buffet we were once again greeted with a big smile and warm welcome hugs from Miguel, Carolina, and Gabriela. It was so nice to see them again. During our stay they provided us with the most excellent service, always providing coffee and juices in the morning and beverages for lunch.
I must say the omelets in the morning were awesome. I had one every morning of our stay. The buffet choices for lunch and dinner change daily. The Buffet provides many different delicious dishes to choose from.
We ate at both Mexican and Italian specialty restaurants. The food served in both restaurants was delicious and the service provided by Samuel and Francisco was excellent. We love eating in the specialty restaurants.
We especially enjoyed the drinks made by Jorge and Abelardo, the swim up bar bartenders. Our other favorite bartenders were Baudelio and Gilberto. All the staff members at Coco Bay are exceptional. They go out of their way to make your vacation a most memorable one.
Our second week we were able to move to an ocean front room. Being able to walk out the sliding patio doors and stepping onto the beach was awesome. During the evening and early morning we would sit out on the patio and enjoy the ocean breeze while listening to the sounds of the ocean.
In the evening, we would go to the lobby bar and have a few drinks. Sometimes we were able to chat with Manual and David. They are loaded with information. Just ask them.
I am an early riser so I would go lounge by the pool and read in the morning and it never fail the pool guy was there cleaning it. Sometimes even in the pool with a toothbrush. Sure, it gets some sand in it because not all people would wash their feet off before entering.
The maintenance guys are always working hard to keep things clean and fresh looking.
One day we returned to find our room all decorated up, flowers, towel art, flower pedals in the bathroom. What a wonderful anniversary surprise that was. I think Katina at the front desk had a hand in that.
The service all over Coco Bay is EXCELLENT!!! You will think you booked a 5 star and paid for a 3 star.
If you choose to stay at Coco Bay you will not regret your decision. We have stayed here many times and each time we regret having to leave.
We are returning in August with some family and friends.
It is time they meet our Mexico family. : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, The Reef Cococbeach is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life's the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen's famous 5th avenue, Playacar's Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum and much, much more.The hotel offers 196 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of one king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini fridge, TV,hair dryer, vanity mirror, telephone and bath room with bahttub and shower combination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico