Yes, this resort is perfect for us. It is a small resort and we like that.
We are first greeted by Manual, the bell hop. This was our first time meeting this young man. He is so cute.
The front desk workers are excellent!! Alfonso and Zoila are friendly and so helpful. They are always smiling.
Check- in is always smooth and fast.
Manual is standing by to take our luggage to the room. He will tell you about the resort show you the remote and answer any other questions you might have. Any time you need help be sure to ask anybody at the front desk or the bell hops. Victor is the other bell hop and he is a funny and very helpful guy. Ask him anything and he will take the time to answer.
There is no need to walk a mile to get a drink. The swim up bar and the buffet are very close to each other. Luis was at the pool bar, Jorge at the buffet and Baudelio was in the lobby bar. These guys bust their butts all day and still manage to have fun with you. They all take the time to make sure you are having a good time.
All the bartenders are GREAT!!
There are two specialty restaurants, Mexican and Italian that require men to wear pants and close toed shoes. The food at both restaurants is very good. Reservations for the specialty restaurant can be made at the buffet in the morning.
Please, try either one or both. The food is DELISH!!! The service is beyond 5 stars.
The service provided by Samuel, Francisco and Bernardo was excellent service.
The Buffet is your typical buffet. There are many, many different dishes to choose from. You name it and it was there. I would like to see some sugar free or low calorie syrup and desserts. You will not go hungry. If you do I would say that you are way too picky….
The nice thing about this entertainment staff is that they don’t nag you to join in the activities. Some resorts they nag to no end. In the evenings after dinner the entertainment staff would provide a nightly show. My favorite was the Mexican show with all its color, dance and music.
If you have the opportunity, rent one of the beach beds. The cool ocean breeze and the shade provided by the hanging curtains make a splendid way to spend the day on the beach. We had one of the most relaxing days of our stay.
All the staff at Grand Coco Bay is very hard workers. If you feel they deserve a tip, then please leave a few bucks. They really do appreciate the little extra.
We have stayed at some 5 star resorts and didn’t feel as welcome as we did here. Now if you are looking for turn down service, or chocolates left on your pillows then you might look into a higher priced resort BUT for the price we pay, Coco Bay tops the 5 stars we have stayed at.
Coco Bay and their staff have won our hearts!!
We will be back soon..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, The Reef Cococbeach is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life's the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen's famous 5th avenue, Playacar's Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulum and much, much more.The hotel offers 196 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of one king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini fridge, TV,hair dryer, vanity mirror, telephone and bath room with bahttub and shower combination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico