If you are not in physically in good condition (able to climb stairs) this place is not for you. We arrived early (10:30) and were promised a room that I wouldn't have to do three flights of stairs or at least an elevator. Our room was not ready until 4 p.m. That part was fine. The pool area is beautiful and made the afternoon go fast. We ended up on the third floor, no elevator, so it was 36 steps up and 36 steps down at least twice a day. I ended up with muscle problems in my legs that caused them to turn all black and blue from the knee up. Chalk it up as an experience. I enjoyed doing things with David and Carlos. They were both so helpful. Carlos was in charge of a Texas Holdem game, that I played with four others that were really good at it. Carlos was helpful and made the game fun! Would have had another session but not enough players. He lead the bean toss, gofl putting game. He also assisted in the fruit/veg carving class. Then there was the tequila class. He was kind and considerate when people came late into the class. On Wednesday he took over the water exercise class when David had a day off. Carlos and David work very well together the short time I saw them. I know every one talks about Luis, who I got to meet, everyone of us has our own personalities, given time Carlos will be the same. Does he need a little polishing? That's up to you, I enjoyed it all, other than the stair climbing. I was a guest with my daughter and son-in-law that have been coming there for years. They were both a bit disappointed about room requests too. If you plan to go to Fisherman's with your parents or in-laws that are some what handicapped, it would be nice if they could promise you something before you go. A beautiful place! The staff was very friendly and did their job?
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Fishermen Spa And Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico