“What a wonderful trip!!!”

Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort
Ranked #79 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We just returned from our family trip to Fisherman's Village. The staff was so friendly and got to know all of us very quickly. Jose Deib was just amazing for breakfast and lunch. The minute he saw me he would ask if I wanted my cafe latte and was so attentive to anything we might need. Anselmo was so helpful with the towels, kayaks and helping with our luggage. Ricardo and Jesus were amazing bar tenders, everything they made was so delicious! T.he activity directors Luis and David were so much fun.....water volleyball, volleyball, kids activities, water aerobics, cooking demonstrations, tequila tasting and so much more. We also had some amazing spa services from massages and facials to pedicures and manicures, Bernice was such a sweetie!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kirstie O
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind comments.
Our guest’s satisfaction is one of our main concerns at Sunset Fishermen and to read your comment inspires us to continue working hard to keep our quality and standards but most of all to continue providing the excellent service we have become known for.
It will be our pleasure to have you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was my 6th year at Fisherman's Village and every year I look forward to returning! The resort is small and you get to know the other guests and develop great friendships while there. The beach is the best in Playacar and is walking distance into town to eat, shop and go to night clubs or just hang by the pool or beach looking at the beautiful teal and turquoise water.
The people who work there starting with Lisette to Zach who persuaded me to upgrade my timeshare to use also at Tres Rios...now how to figure out how to use all my weeks. I am willing to sell some...I promise you won't be disappointed... contact me at lexy8480@yahoo.com
The person I look most forward to seeing every year is Luis. He makes this resort with his huge smile, outgoing and friendly personality and sincere caring for the guests! David who also was involved with activities was also very sweet! The bar tenders are great...they know how to make whatever you request!
I was anxious to see the newly remodeled rooms which apparently didn't happen.
The rooms are always clean with new linens daily...more than I can say happens at some of the US resorts I have traded my weeks for! The houskeeping staff are very nice and so eager to please. I find that is true with everyone I have encountered there.
The Italian restaurants' food this year was good and the presentation was lovely. I think I liked the "special night buffets" better than the new format for the other restaurant.
Wi-fi access and login passwords need to improve to have access in the rooms and additional login passwords for other guests in the rooms shared to access their email/texts/internet.
I can't wait to return!!! I need to figure out how to live there in Paradise! Every year is better than the next when I stay at Fisherman's!

Room Tip: I have my favorite room, I wish I could reserve it in advance every year so I don't want to shar...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ccsepke
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I love the Fisherman's!!! All the people there are great, helpful, happy and professional. Everyone is fantastic, service is great. The people make the place heads above the rest. Every time we visit it is predictably excellent. We have brought our friends and now they know about our secret. We love the ocean view and the short little walk into town.

Both the inside and outside bartenders were great. Astrid is awesome and helpful. Marcial is professional, warm and welcoming. The activities with David are very fun as well. There are many others professionals working there that you will encounter. We are always greeted right away and have stayed in several different rooms -- all great with excellent views.

Minnesota Regulars

Room Tip: If you have kids, you may want a floor on the ground flow so they can run in and out.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wade C
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Chef Betsy has really made the dining experience enjoyable. The food is good! The wait staff is very friendly and get to know your preferences by the end of the week. We love this resort and it does feel like home away from home. We love the easy walk to 5th Ave.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest:
Thank for your kind comments.
We are glad you were able to experience Sunset Fishermen’s new gastronomic experience with Chef Betsy.
It is always our goal to cater specifically to our repeat customers and are glad to hear this came across.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

The most beautiful entrance!!! When you first walk in you see the incredible pool with dolphins squirting water and mermaids then the most breathtaking view of the white sand and blue green water as well as feel the wonderful breeze blowing in off the water. The food is some of the best ever...and the staff add that special finishing touch. Jose' Deib was one of the best waiters around. He made sure we got everything we wanted to eat and he made sure we knew he enjoyed serving us!! Jesu's Venegas and Ricardo Narvaez not only make the best drinks but are also very entertaining wether your at the pool or inside!! They went out of their way!! Everything is always keep so clean and the Activity Director is always so much fun ( biking, volleyball, cooking classes, drink making, welcome and farewell dinners on the beach......) The famous 5th avenue of Playa Del Carmen was only a few minutes walk away thru a secure gated neighborhood or you could catch a shuttle or taxi. VERY SAFE. This truly is one of the most beautiful places as well as one of the most beautiful locations. The pictures of it don't do it justice. Suzanne in Florida

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank your for sharing your experience at Sunset Fishermen.
We also appreciate the nice comments about our staff, which we have shared with them and we thank your on their behalf.
We are glad to see you were able to try our new gastronomic offer and enjoyed our property and activities.
We hope to see you back really soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We just returned from a week at this resort. We bought the suite as a time share a few years ago, and this was our second time there... but we wish we could visit more often. It's like a home away from home!

This resort boasts the most supreme beach. Seaweed is cleared from the beach at the break of dawn and as you can see from my picture, our suite was one of many that open right on to the beach.

One day we walked down the beach to check out some of the large resorts in Playacar, and not one could boast beach access like we had.

It is a small resort, with a very limited food selection. We chose not to do the meal plan option (similar to an all inclusive) and just kept our fridge filled with beer and ice for drinks and walked over to "5th Avenue" daily for a meal. This suited us just fine.

The staff at the resort are very kind and respectful. We feel welcome there and can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MAumair
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is my third time here, April 2012. I love this resort because the beach is awesome, the place is small and cozy, and the staff are hardworking and very nice. I had a great experience with all the staff to name a few Jesus Venegas, Hose, Ricardo and Victor. They all worked very hard always with a kind word or a smile. Thank you very much for a great vacation. See you again in the fall. Maura

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends