The place is at a great location in the center of Playa, the rooms are spacious, good shower and good beds, and the beach is accessible from the hotel's garden. It lacked a homely atmosphere, a bit motel-ish. But definately worthwile for a short stay. And the option to park your car at the entrance!
The only negative point for me was the noise from the bars/clubs on the streets (calle 12) nearby.
No problem if you are partying yourself, but when travelling with a small kid like we did, hearing the loud bass from 4 different clubs untill very early morning (we stayed at a Friday) was a bit too much. So be warned or make sure you go out to party yourself... ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Colibri is located on the Beachfront of Playa del Carmen, close to restaurants, banks, shops, tour sites, fifth avenue -- the most visited commercial street in Playa --, and Cancun International Airport. It was designed to provide all comforts and services expected by the travelers of today at affordable rates. Our friendly staff & manager shall give response to your requests and needs as fast as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Colibri Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colibri Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Colibri Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Colibri Beach Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico