All reviews breakfast was delicious yoga retreat quiet hotel perfect hotel small pool every morning short walk to the beach mini fridge beach towels fresh fruit king bed abril ave caribe arturo quinta storage
Reviewed February 5, 2016 via mobile

Just came back from 5 nights here. The pros: location- right off 5th ave, close to great restaurants further off the tourist strip, mostly very quiet hotel except construction noise, tasty breakfast included. Cons- the rooms are small and do not include a dresser or solid place for your things. Wifi does not work in rooms, spotty at best. We found the staff to be nice, but not incredibly helpful with questions or advice, and there were only a few chairs by the pool. It's a good spot if you want to be close to action, have simple needs for a hotel and just want to come and go as you please.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2016

We spent 6 nights here in August. The rooms are simple and clean with good air conditioning. Wi fi wasn't super strong in our room, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The pool is a great size for a dip before dinner. It is close but not too close to all the hustle and bustle of Playa. We always found parking within a few blocks of the hotel.

The breakfasts were great. Different every morning, made just for you by Maria. The staff is friendly and helpful. The beach towels are thick and generously sized - and they are yours for your stay. Not really for exchanging.

We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BricRental, Gerente at BRIC Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2016

Dear Oztotl,

Thank you for your comment!

It makes us happy to know the amenities and services that we offer to our guests are convenient and useful! Maria enjoys very much to see her mentioned in the comments! She really likes making breakfast as the guests arrive so that everyone can have a fresh hot meal! And, to add a little plus to our services, we are happy to inform you that we have now 3 antennas located in different spots at the hotel, so every corner receives internet! Next time you come, you will be able to share your vacation highlights from the comfort of your room!
Hope to have you back with us this next summer!

Reviewed January 27, 2016

First Time staying here but third time in Playa Del Carmen, so it was very important for us to find a good hotel close to Quinta Avenida, and this was perfect.

It was just far enough to not be bothered by the noise of all the restaurants, yet close enough to go those restaurants and join in the party.

The room is simple but very comfortable. The hammock in the balcony was a great idea, and I spent quite a bit of time laying on it.

This is definitely a hotel I will be coming back to later this year.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BricRental, Gerente at BRIC Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2016

Dear Avztrakt,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us!
We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel's convenient location! We are very lucky to be in a spot that allows our guests to relax while also being close to the nightlife of Playa del Carmen!
Hope to have you back soon to keep calm and hammock on!

Reviewed January 15, 2016

I was recently on vacation at my condo in Playa when I slipped and put my back out. I was having trouble walking due to the pain. One of my friends recommended the Spa at the Bric Hotel. I went over and talked to Jacqueline who manages the Spa, she was most accomadating and arranged an appointment with Emily for the very next day.
After doing a very through assessment , in one appointment, Emily was able to get me back on my feet , so much so , that I was playing golf 3 days later...amazing ..what a relief..
Thank You for allowing me to enjoy the rest of my vacation. I would highly recommend the Spa services at the Bric Hotel..

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Don L
BricRental, Gerente at BRIC Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2016

Dear Don L,

Thank you very much for your comment!

We at the BRIC spa are very passionate about what we do, and that is giving our clients the best experience. We carefully select our therapists to make sure we can deliver targeted care.
We're so glad that Emily was able to get you back on your feet!

Reviewed January 15, 2016

My husband and I went for a mani/pedi together. What treat. The spa is calming and relaxing. The treatments were flawless. The atmosphere is so different than a 'typical' noisy salon setting. Nadia and Sandra were excellent! We were offered herbal teas and cucumber water, as well as mixed nuts and dried fruits. What can I say...don't miss out on this one. Going back for messages next week! Thanks!!