BRIC Hotel & Spa
$191
$537
$517
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$385
$293
$310
$217
Barcelo.com
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$448
$359
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla(Playa del Carmen)
$387
$229
Melia.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$15,600
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$486
$344
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
$676
$450
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmamitas beachsmall hotelincluded breakfastperfect hotelsmall poolgreat showerevery morningmini fridgebeach towelsfifth avenueking bedabrilcaribeavenidaquintaarturostorage
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We have been coming to Playa for many years and decided to stay at the Bric hotel. What a lovely surprise. We loved our room right off the pool. Tucked back off of 5th Ave, we felt like we had our own private get-a-way. This is a very quiet hotel. They serve a wonderful breakfast in the morning. There is no bar area or music. We loved our own private patio area. Very much an extension of our room. The room was small and lacked enough room for our clothes but we made due. Wifi worked well. If I had a complaint it would be the lack of water pressure and it took a long time to get hot water. Other than that we enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have written 3 other reviews of this wonderful small boutique hotel and it has only gotten better. I travel often and if this was not a fabulous place would not be going back time and time again. the room clean, quiet, safe, and comfortable. 5 to 7 minutes to a wonderful beach, mamita's beach where the white sand and beautiful ocean awaits, 30 seconds to the colorful 5th ave. it has a small patio area and pool that is beyond words and this is the same area where every morning you get a breakfast that is delicious. the staff here are almost to good to be true. Abril is the girl with a beautiful smile every time you see her and she is at the reception desk most of the time. anything you need help with, she will be able to take care of it. knowledgeable of the area and things tourist need and like to do. She loves to help people. Gustavo is the other reception person at nights and also very helpful. (he is a cenote diver guide also). Maria, the cook for 6 days a week, will greet you with a Buenas Dias every day but thurs and does a hell of breakfast - eggs, bacon, pancakes or French toast, juice, coffee, tea, ceral, yogurt, fruit, toast - really great. Carlos, who has been there 15 years, is the breakfast cook on Maria's day off and the rest of the time is the maintence person. he also is always a happy guy and fixed everything that goes wrong and maintains the beautiful grounds. Kris is one part of the management team and she also is always smiling, cheerful, and knows all her guests by name. and this is not just the hotel, which is small, but also those staying at all the condos they also manage. Management here has to be excellent and the employees they have are wonderful and if management was not good the employees would not be such long term employees. The maid for our room was Jeanin and she follows the same as all the rest. Smiling, happy, loves the job and does it well. if you can get in this hotel - do it.

1  Thank bhondablue
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Intimate, quiet, comfortable, clean, great location. A short stroll to the beach and 5th Ave. Great people, superb service. The owners are on-site and hands on and the staff understand customer service. The Bric Hotel is the best...it really is the only hotel! Just love it!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful...we ask for a ground floor room.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Marcus, and his wonderful team at BRIC, took care of all our needs in Playa del Carmen. They provided great recommendations for restaurants, activities, golf and etc.
Exceptional concierge like service in the beauty of a boutique hotel.
Great location.
Thanks to Marcus, and his team, for a wonderful vacation.
Jean-Guy

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I don't normally write reviews but was so pleased with my experience here, I wanted to spread the word. We stayed 6 nights here and the place exceeded our expectations. Had originally planned to spend the last night elsewhere but changed plans because the place was perfect. Room was not huge but plenty of space for 2 people plus luggage. I was very concerned with possible noise from 5th Ave. (especially late-night) but with the air conditioner on, we heard nothing. The other reviews stating that the BRIC Hotel is a tranquil oasis in the middle of Playa's busiest part of town are totally right on. Breakfast was great and good value- it would absolutely have cost more to go out for breakfast every day. Wifi is included in cost and worked in room and common areas. They also have drinking water on site- I have traveled extensively and had never stayed in a place that offered unlimited drinking water. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I think I got honest advice and never felt like I was being given information just because I was a tourist (i.e. they sent us to local eateries and suggested the most economic option for transportation, not necessarily the most tourist-oriented, which I really appreciated). I would also suggest the BRIC vacation rentals (run by the same company)- I would assume that they are lovely, based on my experience at the hotel.

1  Thank Anonymous M