“I will return ASAP”
Review of BRIC Hotel & Spa

BRIC Hotel & Spa
Ranked #52 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed for four days during Oct 2013. we had a lot of options to choose and I can say that we made an excellent decision by selecting the Bric Hotel, is very clean, excellent location (walking distance from everything - beach, restaurants, bars, shopping). Definitely we want to return ASAP.

Room Tip: room 22 A/C is very noisy, once it reaches the selected temperature and shuts down the compressor th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My daughter and I found the Bric quite by chance last year. It was a great experience and we returned again this year for 4 more nights. We were not disappointed. The staff is so friendly, especially Abril at the front desk. We had great tasting meals at good prices thanks to her local area recommendations. The rooms are small but adequate and clean. The breakfast area is really nice and you get a real breakfast. We will absolutely go back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My cousins and I planned a 3 week trip through mexico and our last week was to be spent in Playa. Although we didn't plan very well and didn't have a hotel booked. I came along this hotel last minute through tripadvisor's positive reviews. And must say wasn't disappointed. My stay here felt so warm and welcoming like visiting family. The staff are very attentive and they did fantastic cleaning for our room every day. Homemade breakfast was served every morning and must say tastes delicious, a perfect way to start the day. The hotel is very close to 5th ave restaurants and shopping but not too close to hear all the bar and club music. Also within walking distance to one of the best beaches in Playa- Mamita's Beach! Can not wait till my next stay at BRIC Hotel!!!:)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ari_C3
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week sept 7 to 14 in room 25.
Hotel was recommended to us. Location was great, grounds well kept, room very basic but exactly as shown on website.

We were told there was nobody in the room next to us and yet we could see a suitcase inside. later that night we were woken up by 3 Spanish people shouting and partying on our shared patio. The security guard let it carry on all night. At 6 am I had to leave the room to get away although the loud voices carried all the way across pool. We were told it wouldn't happen again by desk staff. The following night we were woken up at midnight same idea. I opened our door to find about 10 people partying on our patio. They refused to leave. Once again the security guard never said a word to them. I had to walk past the drunk partiers and find the security guard to get them to leave. Nobody is supposed to be allowed into hotel gate without a room key. Gate was open and not attended by guard. I demanded he do something and finally he did tell them to all leave. The next morning we woke up and found diarrhea outside our room!!! The next night there was a staff poker party on the roof of our room and we couldn't sleep from the noise of chairs constantly being moved around on our ceiling and their voices carried into our bathroom thru the skylight till 12.30 am

It just set a bad tone having to deal with issues three nights in a row and security not doing anything about it and random people coming into party. Lack of sleep and overall anxiousness. We just had bad luck I think?!?!?

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a vacation rental. Small hotel with about 10-12 rooms with a small pool in the middle. One block from the famous 5th avenue, yet with little noise from it.

What's good: Staff, the attention each guest gets there, inexpensive, small but comfortable rooms, decent size bath, proximity to 5th ave restaurants and shopping, Xcaret is with in 10 min drive

What's not so good: Small rooms, dusty bed, two double beds joined to make a king, not a big property, no spa, good internet, etc facilities, small pool, few street side parking spots, close by decent beach is a few block away (easily walkable)

We were well attended by the staff. Well taken care of. Thy helped even to get a doctor onsite. Served breakfast though we were late. The staff alone makes this property a must visit, besides the very inexpensive room rates.

Room Tip: Interior rooms like 27, 28 are good and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KR_NYC2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here for 9 days starting August 08, 2013. Nothing much to complain about. Very nice basic little hotel close to everything. Room, grounds and the pool were kept very clean. Everything in the room worked. Staff friendly and helpful, spoke English well and helped me with my poor Spanish. Our room, #24, was quiet at night. Great little hot breakfast with good coffee. Nice walk to the beach. Only small quibble was the booking fee of about $54.00 when I booked which was an added amount above the room charge and taxes. Seemed unusual for a hotel. Overall a clean good value small hotel we would stay in again, or recommend to others not looking for a luxury experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ian F
Reviewed August 6, 2013

On the 25th of July 2013 to the 29th of July 2013 my friends and me stayed at Bric Hotel. It was a good experience, great location from the beach as well as night life and restaurants access was very well located. Only problem I encountered was WIFI was not working well and the hot water was out for two days.
Breakfast was ok except the juices were watery not really full flavored, but egg were great. Rooms were cleaned every day, fresh towels, and bed sheets.
Pool area was very clean and pool was always warm and refreshing to jump into. Don't use the shuttle to get to and from the airport its cheap to talk a taxi driver to take you for 50 dollars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends