“Felt like home!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

WorkingHa...
San Diego, California
“Felt like home!”
Reviewed January 16, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

We spent 20 days in Playa at this property and it was the smartest decision. We have never rented before but now we have two dogs and is not easy to find a pet friendly hotel so we found this gem.
Everything was absolutely perfect.
Location: We walked everywhere. So close to restaurants, supermarkets, beach, 5th ave is only 2 blocks...I am glad because we could burn it of the extra calories from all the margaritas.
Cleanliness: Absolutely spotless. Linens, towels, dishes...everything was like a 5 star hotel. Mari, the cleaning lady, was lovely.
Furniture and appliances: I am pretty spoiled when comes to kitchen gadgets and this kitchen had absolutely everything.
Overall this place was perfect for us and our dogs. The breeze goes through the house and you won't need AC, we only had turned on at night.
The house manager Kelli was a wonderful and kind person. My dogs got sick and she went out of her way to help us. I will never forget!! Thank you so much!!
Hopefully we can come back and if we do Toltec will be our choice...if available!!

Date of stay: January 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Location!!
Liked least: the smell of mold in the kitchen cabinets
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 21, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Date of stay: June 2014
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
WI
Reviewed April 4, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
casturtle
Wisconsin
“A Great Pick”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

I've never stayed at someone's vacation house before so I don't have anything to compare this with. That being said I was quite impressed with the place. It was tastefully designed and I loved the art which added such ambiance to the house. The furnishings were great, appliances upscale, bathroom excellent with a rain shower that you will absolutely need and comfortable beds. It was the details that impressed me as well: great bath products things around that I was saying...oh, how nice! The kitchen was well stocked with appliances and doo dads. The location was great and I felt safe as a woman traveling sola. Close to everything you could want.

So why not the extra star you say? (Or maybe not.) I had a rocky beginning. There is only one bathroom and it is upstairs. So, I was going to stay upstairs but the air conditioning was not working well in the main bedroom where the great TV was. I could watch it during the afternoon if I wanted to but staying the night was just too warm for me. I sleep hot. If you like the heat and many do, this would be ideal...great bed, smart TV and bath all on one floor. The steps were narrow and the risers were extra high and not all the same height so I tripped on one step several times. So getting up in the night to use the bath was rather a nuisance.
The downstairs TV was difficult to use. It took me two days of emails to figure it out. I'm a boomer and did not know from Apple TV or a receiver. The TV was mostly in Spanish but it did have Netflix which I dearly love and wanted to receive it downstairs because I'm traveling alone and it's complany/entertainment. I read as well but not all the time. The design of the living room is a bit awkward making a tricky TV (for me) not as comfortable seating wise as I would have liked. None of these were deal breakers however.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The overall quality of the property and ease with communicating with the owner.
Liked least: The heat in late March and having to deal with three different ac's turning them on and off from room to room.
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ne.

Date of stay: January 2014
Luxury-minded travelers
ON Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Date of stay: May 2013
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
With millions of reviews and protected online payments, Tripadvisor helps travelers book your home with confidence.
Set up your free listing
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.