“One of the best options in Playa”
Review of Imprevist

Imprevist
Reserve with OpenTable
Imprevist is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,333 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Imprevist is a Catalan word which means the “Unexpected“. Dining here is experiencing these wonderful dishes that leaves you surprisingly unexpected everytime. The restaurant is situated in a quaint magical street in the Heart of a Playa del Carmen that will make the night, a night to wish would never end. After several years of experience and learning from European chefs; Chef Juan Diego Solombrino is well known for his incredible combination of Mediterranean and Asian inspired cuisine. Preparing dishes of unique flavor, creating art with in each presentation. He personally hand select the products focusing on the menu to provide a wide variety so that everyone can enjoy their meal, from vegetarian options to oriental, excellent seabass or steak ending with the delight of a chocolate fondant berry sorbet. “Cooking is an art, and for me it is the only art that stimulates all senses. The moment when you take your first bite, all your senses comes together to experience a delightful aroma, flavor and textures of food” - Chef Juan Diego Solombrino.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Just delicious flavours, in a wonderfull mood ambient and excelent service, at a very reasonable price, definitley one of my 3 top favorites in Playa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had dinner here one evening during a 2 week trip to Mexico over the holidays.

If only I'd known what a spectacular meal we'd be treated to, we would have made it a point to return, but we ate there late in the PDC portion of our trip before moving on to a different location.

Upon arrival at the time of our reservations, we were shown to the end table of the outside curbside tables. The street is quiet for the most part, but the proximity of the tables to the street was slightly close. As popular and good a restaurant as this is, I see a possible change in location in the future. While I think the size is perfect, a venue more along the lines of Oh Lala's could be a nice improvement atmosphere-wise.

That having been said, we enjoyed our outside table with a view of the quiet street and the charming glow of the candle shop across the way.

Our service was earnest, friendly, and welcoming, and our wine, appetizers and entrees were brought out in an efficient, timely fashion, with nice touches and professionally-presented.

My tuna tartare appetizer, was, bar none, THE single best appetizer I have ever had in my life. The tuna was the best quality I have ever eaten, and it absolutely melted in my mouth. In fact, the tuna appetizer was so good I forgot what I had for my entrée and had to go to their website to refresh my memory! The filet I chose was spectacular also. My husband's appetizer and entrée (the salmon) were equally as delicious.

In a trip full of dining highlights, Imprevist was a most definite standout!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I ate breakfast here twice during a recent trip to Playa del Carmen and couldn't be happier. For about US$12 you get a real, full breakfast. I ordered the omelet with chorizo and it was great. Breakfast comes with coffee, juice, a fruit plate (with honey, granola, and yogurt), and a very large basket of pastries. The service is very good and very friendly.

jlpish, Public Relations Manager at Imprevist, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for trying our Breakfast and Brunch. It is true that our prices are very reasonable. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything. We hope to see you soon!

Best,
Roz Macagba
PR/Marketing

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The breakfast is well worth having. More than enough to fill anyone up. Service was always excellent. We ate there about 5 times and was never disappointed. My favorite was the pancakes. My husband liked the omelets. Every breakfast comes with juice, pastry basket, fruit plate with yogurt, granola, and honey, plus your entrée.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We ate at Imprevist four times during our two-week stay: twice for dinner, once for breakfast and once for brunch. Of the four of us, we ordered a mix between the fusion and "regular" menus for dinner and were all very impressed. My stepmother particularly loved the Asian noodles with shrimp (she wanted to lick the bowl!) The service is very good, attentive without being intrusive. All in all, a lovely little spot and I'd definitely recommend!

Dear Guests,

Thank you for bring your whole family to dine with us. We are very delighted to hear that you all enjoyed our dishes. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit!

Best,