“A hidden GEM!”
Review of Imprevist

Imprevist
Reserve with OpenTable
Imprevist is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,437 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Imprevist is a Catalan word which means the “Unexpected“. Dining here is experiencing these wonderful dishes that leaves you surprisingly unexpected everytime. The restaurant is situated in a quaint magical street in the Heart of a Playa del Carmen that will make the night, a night to wish would never end. After several years of experience and learning from European chefs; Chef Juan Diego Solombrino is well known for his incredible combination of Mediterranean and Asian inspired cuisine. Preparing dishes of unique flavor, creating art with in each presentation. He personally hand select the products focusing on the menu to provide a wide variety so that everyone can enjoy their meal, from vegetarian options to oriental, excellent seabass or steak ending with the delight of a chocolate fondant berry sorbet. “Cooking is an art, and for me it is the only art that stimulates all senses. The moment when you take your first bite, all your senses comes together to experience a delightful aroma, flavor and textures of food” - Chef Juan Diego Solombrino.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great menu. Small - about 20 people - yet lively feel. Service was amazing. Great date spot. Highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were absolutely delighted with our dinner at Imprevist. Being a used to fine dining in Sydney, Australia, I can say that this restaurants maintains the tradition of funky fine dining where a lot of effort is made to delight the customer. They have a very talented chef who understands the principles of modern fusion and making the most of local ingredients. You must try the mascarpone ice cream. It is to die for!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This little restaurant is situated between Maya Villa, Porto Playa and El Taj. I believe I tried every breakfast on the menu and would order any of them again. But as with the rest of the trip it was the staff and the servcie that made all the difference.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I went for a quiet, romantic dinner and had an amazing experience. The appetizers we shared were beyond delicious and we even considered ordering more. Our main courses were prepared perfectly. The service was excellent and I loved the music selection. We highly recommend going here during your trip, it was definitely a highlight of ours!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We loved this restaurant! We started with the dumplings and they were okay, I would pass on these. I had the Fish Curry - it was amazing the fish was cooked perfectly with a side of curry sauce and raita yogurt. We also had the filet mignon - the best in all of playa. My son had the chicken risotto, it was cooked perfectly. My mother had a beef asian stir-fry this was very tasty! The bill was very reasonable and I would highly recommend this restaurant!